Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A Comedy of Errors ... or How I got my AutoSet
RE: A Comedy of Errors ... or How I got my AutoSet
I just took the last of the miserable cats to the vet to have their minds changed. So they can't be the parents.... Not sure if the Vet used a hammer or just what.......... But the cats are certainly being well behaved right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2014, 06:29 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I just took the last of the miserable cats to the vet to have their minds changed. So they can't be the parents.... Not sure if the Vet used a hammer or just what.......... But the cats are certainly being well behaved right now.
does PaulaO2 moonlight at the vets?

I'll be good! no need to 'fix' me!
Post Reply Post Reply
^^ LOL ^^
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2014, 06:00 AM)SnuffySleeper Wrote: All s9's come with a 5 year warranty, so having one for back up parts seems like a waste of money.

Any backup is a waste of money .... until you need it. I get backup and location redundancy. Taking council from long term apnea practitioners suggest that both backup, and location redundancy are really good reasons for spending a little extra money. For me the investment is worth it.

I know where you're coming from wrt AutoSet because the push is very strong in the apnea forums. Sometimes I think it's overblown. Still, having the option to switch between APAP and CPAP modes is an advantage. How much depends on personal circumstance. For myself I am still undecided.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2014, 01:58 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(05-16-2014, 11:32 AM)SnuffySleeper Wrote:
(05-16-2014, 11:02 AM)PaytonA Wrote: The machines have different capabilities and some are more capable than others.

So you think a car with automatic transmission is more "capable" than a car with manual transmission?

A car with an automatic transmission is capable of changing gears without human intervention. A car with a manual transmission is not capable of changing gears without human intervention. Ergo, the car with the automatic transmission IS more capable than the car with the manual transmission.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I assume you're joking, but the difference is important in CPAP machines.

An auto CPAP is more like an auto transmission car where you can throw a switch and it becomes a manual transmission with a shift lever and clutch. Plus some sort of adjustable parameters on how the auto part works.

An auto CPAP can do everything a manual CPAP can. Change the settings and it IS a manual CPAP. You can do things with a manual transmission that you can't do with an auto transmission.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2014, 06:00 AM)SnuffySleeper Wrote: All s9's come with a 5 year warranty, so having one for back up parts seems like a waste of money.

Wow! How did you get a five year warranty? My S9 AutoSet came with a two year warranty. And while I was researching machines I only saw two year warranties for the S9 AutoSet Elite and AutoSet machines.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 105 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 189 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,439 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,892 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 776 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,261 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564
  Airsense Autoset 11 eroemer 3 728 10-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: eroemer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.