Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I want a ResMed BiPAP Machine, please.
RE: I want a ResMed BiPAP Machine, please.
@bonjour:

That ASV has just a little over an hour left and it's still at the starting bid!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need an ASV.

Sleeprider mentioned Supplier #2 selling a Resmed A10 VAuto for $799. I bought one from them for that price and haven't regretted it
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2019, 04:56 AM)holden4th Wrote: You don't need an ASV.

Sleeprider mentioned Supplier #2 selling a Resmed A10 VAuto for $799. I bought one from them for that price and haven't regretted it

Oh, nonono, you misunderstood. I was telling bonjour about it because he was going to share it to someone who would. 

It's all good, someone did buy it.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, just tell your doctor that you want it.  He or she has no reason not to let you have what you want.

Second, the major difference between PR and ResMed with respect to BiPap is the waveforms that they use when shifting from EPAP to IPAP.  The original Bi-level machines would shift instantly from EPAP to IPAP as you started inhaling and then shift instantly back from IPAP to EPAP as you stopped breathing in.  

Those instant shifts were very difficult to tolerate for many people, and so both PR and ResMed developed a mechanism to make the transitions more gradual.  PR calls that feature Bi-Flex (newer version) and C-Flex (older version).  ResMed calls it Easy-Breathe.  Bi-Flex tapers the pressure slightly ahead of your decrease in inhalation effort, and so some people complain that they feel as if they are suffocating as they breath.  If you don't like it, you may want to try turning off Bi-Flex and see if you like the instant shifts better before you get another machine.  Alternatively, ResMed's Easy-Breathe tends to have pressure drops that trail your inhalation decrease, and so it feels more natural than PR.

Those same features have other names in PR's and ResMed's CPAP machines.  In PR CPAP's, if you enable EPR, you get 2cm of Bi-Level with either A-Flex (which is the same waveform as Bi-Flex) or C-Flex (which is an older formulation).  In ResMed's CPAP machines, if you enable EPR, you can get Bi-Level with 1cm, 2cm, or 3cm of Pressure Support using the same easy-breathe waveform that is used in ResMed's Bi-Level.

Here are some charts that show the differences.  These are from the explanations of EPR, but the same principles apply to Bi-Level, the difference between EPAP and IPAP is just greater.

Here's Bi-Flex (A-Flex on PR's CPAP machines):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11114]
Here's C-Flex:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11115]
And here's ResMed's Easy-Breathe:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11116]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This is really nice. 

Thanks for sharing!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
There is 1 other major difference between ResMed and PR Auto machines. ResMed responds to detected "events" quicker than PR machines. PR machines, as a result, must be set with a tighter range, or more specifically a higher minimum pressure so that they can reach a therapeutic value faster to treat events that occur.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,416 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 379 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 378 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,540 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 225 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.