Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A-Flex Off - AHI cut in half.
Thumbsup 
RE: A-Flex Off - AHI cut in half.
Did you also get better sleep with turning off the A-Flex, did this improve how you felt the next day?
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting ... may have to play around with my AFLEX and see what happens.

I would definitely tighten up your range. Maybe make your low end 1-2 below your typical low, and 2 above your 90%. Turn off ramp if you can. Excessive high pressure can impact your AHI just as bad as pressures too low. If you let your machine have free range on the high end, it'll bite you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice. Ramp is definitely off. The machine starts at 8 cm and my 90% is around 10-10.5 (30 day 90% average). Pressure never exceeds 13.5 (usually on hits that when sleeping on back and my head angles down towards my chest), so I haven't had a reason to dial back on the high end. The pressure hasn't run away. I will definitely consider lowering it though.

Does anyone know if the Dreamstation uses the high pressure limit as a true limit or does it affect the way the algorithm works?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2016, 11:48 AM)Player54 Wrote: Did you also get better sleep with turning off the A-Flex, did this improve how you felt the next day?

I don't think the AHI change in 6-7 to <3 resulted in that much better feeling the next day. The biggest change came from the start of therapy getting down to AHI 6-7 range.

I was actually trying out all of the A-Flex settings, because I didn't notice much difference between A-Flex settings of 1, 2, and 3 (either in breathing effort or AHI numbers). When I turned A-Flex off, exhale breathing effort jumped (but not intolerable). I tried sleeping with the A-Flex off (slightly uncomfortable the first night) and amazingly my AHI dropped. Now I don't notice that A-Flex is off after the first 2-3 breaths each evening.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Its been a year and a half, and I still feel like I am failing. APLJACK 1 531 07-29-2023, 03:42 AM
Last Post: APLJACK
  Higher CA recorded in second half of sleep Ron R 1 365 07-21-2023, 07:39 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMTL
  100 - 300 CA events in one or two batches during second half of sleep thehidden 11 1,144 01-03-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: thehidden
  (Dreamstation) Flex algorithm is out of sync with my breathing skim 12 2,956 02-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  O2ring shows huge gradual drop in spO2 over half hour with new DS2. Cord tangling? aolamid 9 1,103 02-09-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: aolamid
  [Equipment] Respironics PR System One 60 Series REMstar Auto with A-flex aavenger 6 1,354 11-12-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 850 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.