Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A Last-Ditch Attempt - Ideas/Suggestions
RE: A Last-Ditch Attempt - Ideas/Suggestions
Vocal cord palsy would be picked up on a sleep endoscopy, if it were looked for. I think it requires different sleep drugs to happen.

Laryngospasms are easy to exclude and have very specific symptoms, but they would only show on a sleep study as a OSA. (My) laryngospasms are specific in that even if I have max (25) pressure I will still get an apnea, which makes sense since your larynx essentially closes.

Specific symptoms would last from 5 to 30 seconds: full chocking, feeling as if one forgot how to breathe, feeling your breathing muscles are paralysed, sporadic occurance during the day.
Laryngospasms can also be mistaken for hypopnoe if the cords dont fully close during the spasm, in which case a stridor might occur.

To exclude a laryngospasm yourself one must be awake and perform the Larson Maneuver.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A Last-Ditch Attempt - Ideas/Suggestions
Wow, I have nothing constructive to add, really. But I'm here to give you my support. Just showing you my solidarity, I guess. I am suffering from very fragmented sleep as well for some years now and I know the pure, unadulterated hell you're going through. It's so easy to want to give up most days but I try to persevere. I hope the smart people here will be able to tease something out eventually. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 8 118 5 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 548 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 216 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,096 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 315 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 342 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.