Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A Letter My Sleep Health Center and Follow Up
A Letter Today From My Sleep Health Center
Rather confusing but I think they are notifying me they were forced to suspend operation as of January as they put it. So they need a release form and sent my records to the east coast somewhere. Some sort of transition period and new management. WTH?

They included info for American Academy of Sleep Medicine and also suggest I see my doctor for recommendations for another facility. And a copy of records release. to sign.

I don't ever get much out of doc visits and I am always told my AHI is under 5 and I am doing as best as is possible. The release is to some place in Wilmington Maine and I am in AZ. There are several other sleep centers within a mile or two of me, so I will go on line and call each and interview them to see if I want one. Meantime I get my supplies regularly from a big supplier that calls and reminds me when I need pillows etc. The doctor I had was nice but quick and said as little as possible with as little info as possible. I don't know all the things most of you do to ask like saturation etc but my oxygen has always been good. They read my card each visit and nothing ever changes according to them. NO, I do not want a new overnighter! I feel ok, lost weight and I think I am fine.
Should I release to these people in Ma or wait til I find someone in my town? I have copies somewhere of the sleep study from a few yrs ago when I first went to this place and had my new medicare card. I have an auto titrating machine, so what can a new place do for me anyway? HuhsignHuhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A Letter Today From My Sleep Health Center
(03-22-2013, 06:52 PM)Schnauzers 5 Wrote: Should I release to these people in Ma or wait til I find someone in my town? I have copies somewhere of the sleep study from a few yrs ago when I first went to this place and had my new medicare card. I have an auto titrating machine, so what can a new place do for me anyway? HuhsignHuhsign

Sorry to hear about your issue Schnauzer. Sad

If it were me, I would find someone in your town. You can look for an AASM accredited sleep center in your area HERE
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
#1. I would not release ANY medical documents to ANYONE in another state, that I had never heard of.
#2. I would trot myself down there and pick up the records IN PERSON though and take them to another local clinic / Dr. of my own choosing.

Just mt 2 cents. Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-22-2013, 09:52 PM)Shastzi Wrote: #1. I would not release ANY medical documents to ANYONE in another state, that I had never heard of.
#2. I would trot myself down there and pick up the records IN PERSON though and take them to another local clinic / Dr. of my own choosing.

Just mt 2 cents. Wink

I agree Shatzi, but since they did not notify ahead of time, I imagine that office is closed and locked up tight. I think they sent all my records to mine never informing til now. UGH! I might be wrong, but I don't see any urgency for s new DMR or doctor as long as I have my auto titrating, lost weight and have no issues. Do you know something I need to know? I will get es
tablished soon at a new sleep health doc with the right credentials. there are may here due to being in a senior citizen location. Near by is a 55+
community some call" seizure world "instead of Leisure world. LOL.

Former was only max 2 miles away and several other close too. Probably nee a ref from my primary doc. I must say with all the huge prices I wonder what happened to them. Bought out or some such thing, I dunno.
(03-22-2013, 09:52 PM)Shastzi Wrote: #1. I would not release ANY medical documents to ANYONE in another state, that I had never heard of.

Just mt 2 cents. Wink

What if I sign and give my address to send records to? This place in Maine has them I think. They could have called me, they used to call to try to set up check ups. has anyone ever experienced this type thing before?
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to their website and they did forward my records to Maine and I can call Monday and request they send a copy to me. I do not like that they did this but oh wellll.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh my. I believe you can sue their pants off for that!!
Unless they are lying to you just to get your signature.
**FUME**

I would put that in my "Supreme Umberage" catagory and make them cough up the records under threat of lawsuit.
(Tell them you have a relative that is into the Law business. That usually works! True or not. )

Good luck and sharpen those claws, kitten!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2013, 07:18 AM)Shastzi Wrote: Oh my. I believe you can sue their pants off for that!!
Unless they are lying to you just to get your signature.
**FUME**

I would put that in my "Supreme Umberage" catagory and make them cough up the records under threat of lawsuit.
(Tell them you have a relative that is into the Law business. That usually works! True or not. )

Good luck and sharpen those claws, kitten!

Included in the form to get my records are many doctors names and address, all in Maine or Mass. Mine appear to be in Wilminton, Maine. It does not explain why they were sent there of all places. They say a court appointed receiver is handling the transition. I doubt I could sue them. Guess sleep health centers is a big outfit. I'm ca;lling Mon for clairity.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be plenty P.O. right now if I were you.
Doesn't matter what they say at this point.
Just because a "court appointed bimbo" handles the transaction makes no difference.
It's even WORSE if the materials crossed state lines. Then it can fall under federal laws / regulations.
Nonetheless, it cannot be executed without your written permission. Period.
This company is trying to steamroller you. (most likely for a fraudulent agenda, or they might just be stupid.)
I hope you know some friends or friends of friends that are in the legal profession.

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any lawyer friends and I think this company is a big outfit with locations from back East and was also here in my town. I barely know what to ask them but I want ALL my records sent to my home address ASAP and I want to know why now they are notifying me when they closed in January without a peep. Never told me and just sent my records back there. So tomorrow I call and ask. Do you have any questions I should ask them? I think it began a few yrs ago when they had a dispute with Res Med and then only had Respironics to sell.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the company they sent it to is an affiliate (or the main company) or another company that bought them, the sending of your records is not against the law. It is probably in the contract you signed with them at some point or another. As an affiliate, when you allow the one to have your records, you are probably allowing all of them to see it. Not that anyone else would want it. And when a company is bought, if that is the situation, they buy everything, including the accounts, unless specifically forbidden in the initial contract with you.

My dentist recently sold his practice to someone else. They do not need my permission for them to keep my records from the new owner. It is a common thing to do and the easiest way to transition the practice. Some sales do not include the patients nor their records (other than contact information I guess). It depends on what was included with the price. Eons ago, a friend of mine bought a counseling practice in Beaufort SC. She could not afford the patients' list. She had to rebuild the practice.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 90 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 206 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 306 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,190 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.