Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A Letter My Sleep Health Center and Follow Up
RE: A Letter Today From My Sleep Health Center
Hmmm. I usually agree with what PaulaO2 says...but..if what PaulaO2 says is true, then why does this company all antsy about getting a patient signature? Very suspicious...
I smell a rat in Denmark somewhere...
They could have been a lot friendlier about it too.
I would still insist they send you all your records though so you can work with local resources, they should be happy to do that small thing.

In the mean time, I would not sign *anything*
If they balk then would be a good time to bluff about having a sister that is a lawyer, just to see if they cringe and buckle under.

Good luck with that!

Wink

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be the parent company or new owner is backing up to take care of business.

Too often we jump to the conclusion of someone being dirty or tricky or doing something illegal. Sometimes, however, it's just plain simple human error, bad judgement, or lost paperwork. Or just a big misunderstanding.

Optimism is a dying entity. Let's save it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
"Never attribute malice to that which can be explained by stupidity" I agree with that. Smile

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 06:00 PM)Shastzi Wrote: "Never attribute malice to that which can be explained by stupidity" I agree with that. Smile

Could you please list a few important questions I should ask tomorrow? The first I want to ask is: Is this a parent company and if so why do I need to send a form with my permission to get my records? Last yr I asked for the local company to send me a copy of my sleep study and they did with no new signature or anything. What IF I did not own a computer or a copier? I don't have a copier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think you need to ask any questions anymore.
I think you should demand they release your records to you.
They can Fedex them to you overnight at their expense, since they didn't bother to contact you ahead of time before running off with them.
(I still do not like them very much for taking liberties with your records.)
They are your property after all. Don't sign anything they have either.

Cheers & good luck.

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding is that Medicare is not paying for sleep studies like they did before. I think they may be requiring a less costly home test. That could be why they are changing their business practices. I read this a while back and I am not sure that they are actually doing it now.
GeneS
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 07:39 PM)genes Wrote: My understanding is that Medicare is not paying for sleep studies like they did before. I think they may be requiring a less costly home test. That could be why they are changing their business practices. I read this a while back and I am not sure that they are actually doing it now.

Of course my sleep study was a real crock - they really botched it up so while I would otherwise question whether or not a home test would work as well, I know that I would have had nothing to lose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 05:52 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Too often we jump to the conclusion of someone being dirty or tricky or doing something illegal. Sometimes, however, it's just plain simple human error, bad judgement, or lost paperwork. Or just a big misunderstanding.

Optimism is a dying entity. Let's save it.

It would be nice to be able to give the Mediceen Cartel the benefit of the doubt, but many of us have been burned too many times (and too badly) for that to ever be a reflex.

"Once bitten, twice shy."

-or-

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...uh, ummm - never get fooled again!"
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow Up On Sleep Health Centers
The phone number on the release form is a recording saying they regret that they are closed and directs me to my primary doctor. The other number is a fax to send signed release form to. I think they were a big outfit and the main office is in Wilmington,Ma So now what? I guess if I want my records I MUST sign and send the release form. So it took 3 mos before they notified me.

What do you suggest I do now? I think if I don't send a signed release they could be lost forever. I no longer have my Lasik eye records and never thought to get them before I left Calif They only keep those 7yrs and it has been 13 now. I could use them for cataract surgery. So I think I better send off the release. I might just need them someday.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Follow Up On Sleep Health Centers
Sounds like they are blowing smoke. Find a local Dr there and start asking questions about these jerks. Your Dr. should be able to request that they turn over those records only this time you give YOUR Dr. the written permission to get those.

If you sign the request from the original company you will have lost control of your own data and they can sell the information to *anyone*

Hang in there!

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 143 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 222 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 297 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 252 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 361 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,353 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,416 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.