Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A ResMed file structure was located at: M:\
A ResMed file structure was located at: M:\
However my Resmed SD card is in its card reader at R:\

Every time I download my daily data OSCAR sees Data on the (non existent) M:\ drive

[attachment=24441]

It is a simple matter to click Specify and then select my R: drive.

[attachment=24440]

However it would be nice to avoid this extra step every day. I am probably missing something simple here.

Is there a fix for this (preferences or registry setting somewhere?)

Or something even simpler?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A ResMed file structure was located at: M:\
I guess the first question is what is on M:\ if there was no data there OSCAR would forget about the drive ? It’s mighty odd you have so many mapped drives. My SD card attaches as D:
Post Reply Post Reply
That's the interesting part, there is no M drive.

I have only 5 drives

[attachment=24468]

C = operating system
D = DVD drive
R = card reader (R for Resmed)
Q = is in the built drive caddy for daily encrypted backups, using Acronis, which backs up all my data which is on the
Z = which is a bitlocked External Hard drive which gets placed in the safe every night.

No M Drive.

There is no setting I can see in Oscar preferences etc to change this.

I can't see any reference to this in the Oscar data directory (on my Z drive) under preferences.xml or profiles.xml

Would there be a registry entry I can change to reset this?
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you see if you open a CMD window and type "dir m:"?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guy,

OK let's see:
dir m:

Volume in drive M is CHRIS_CorsairLX250GB
Volume Serial Number is 7EA9-EE29

Directory of M:\

File not found.

Hmmm, that's clearly not correct.
Could this be a carry over from Acronis True Image cloning software, where I regularly do a full system clone to an off-site SSD?

Well it looks like an Acronis Virtual drive mapping thingie so now I am out of my depth here.

[attachment=24471]

Guess I am destined to put up with this, it's not a big deal, just thought there was a quick fix!
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try this.  Go to your profile in the OSCAR_Data directory while OSCAR is not running.  Open the Profuile.xml file with an editor.  Using the search term, "LastCPAPPath", find the string, <LastCPAPPath type="QString">Drive Location with Raw Data</LastCPAPPath>.  It probably lists the "M:/" drive.  Change it to the correct location, save the file and close.  Now try running OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks CrimsonNape

I've just had a look there and it already shows the R drive by default, and not the M: drive.

<LastCPAPPath type="QString">R:/</LastCPAPPath>

Interesting that OSCAR keeps looking at the "virtual" M drive

but ResScan finds the card reader at R: first time every time.

I might have to bite the bullet and delete profile and start again?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think that'll help you long-term.

You might try reassigning your Acronis virtual drive to a letter alphabetically higher than R (or getting rid of it, if you don't still need it). Or reassigning your SD card reader to something lower than M.

Alternatively, you can just click "Specify" every time you get this message and select R: manually.
Post Reply Post Reply
How to download Device Communication Library for S9 Automatic cPAP Machine
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2020, 08:16 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: I don't think that'll help you long-term.

You might try reassigning your Acronis virtual drive to a letter alphabetically higher than R (or getting rid of it, if you don't still need it). Or reassigning your SD card reader to something lower than M.

Alternatively, you can just click "Specify" every time you get this message and select R: manually.

To add to this:

I can't change the SD card reader drive letter while it is locked.

I will just continue to use the "Specify" option every time for now.

Also, I cannot reassign the Acronis Virtual drive letter from Windows nor from Acronis software.

So I tried this:

I just booted from my cloned SSD, no external drive attached.
Deleted the Acronis "virtual" drive which had the M: drive attached to it.
Then I placed card reader with Resmed SD card into a different USB port.

Used Oscar to create a new profile on the desktop.

Then when I came to import data into the new profile it was still looking at the non existent M: drive.

So now at least I know that:
1. This error does not seem to be related to the Acronis virtual drive letter.
2. Is not related to which USB port I use.
3. Is not related to data in my Profile data directory.

I can only assume this comes from the Resmed SD card itself,  or perhaps in the Oscar software somewhere.

I had a poke around the registry but can't find any reference there to this

Could this be data written in one of the *.edf or *.tgt files?

When I have more time over the weekend I will uninstall Oscar, update and start from scratch and see if that fixes things.

If not then this is data that must be on the SD card.

(I am careful to **always** lock the SD before inserting into PC and unlock when placing into my Resmed Airsense 10, even though this may not be necessary)

PS: afterthought: could this because the SD card is always locked?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 69 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 148 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 671 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,688 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,153 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 553 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 531 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.