Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A & T for a 4 year old without a sleep study??
RE: A & T for a 4 year old without a sleep study??
(07-20-2014, 08:38 AM)Sleepymummy Wrote: Thanks for everyone's help/advice , I will definitely get in touch with the surgeon and just ask for clarity on why they didn't order a sleep study.

That really is the best thing. I also think it's reasonable for you to ask the office staff for a personal response from the surgeon. And if you don't get the answers you want don't be afraid to tell the surgeon that you are interested in getting a second opinion. Surgeons need to understand that their people skills are just as important as their surgery skills, otherwise their revenue stream will suffer.

Quote:It's just so daunting when you are asked to make decisions on such a huge thing as surgery for your own kid who is your whole world. Will keep you all posted Smile

As surgeries go, this one is not so bad. Especially now that kids have devices to help with the boredom. Plus, there's ice cream. Lots of ice cream!
[/quote]
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 168 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,078 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,386 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 367 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 216 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,279 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 271 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.