Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full mask help
Full mask help
Ive been using cpap for two weeks now. I've been using the amara view. I feel like I'm afraid to open my mouth or move any part of my face. I worry about the mask moving and losing its seal. I was pretty sure that my supplier said I could try another mask within 30 days of receiving the mask I use now. When I talked to the supplier they made it sound like I am being a pain in the butt, but they are coming to my house on Thursday to try on some more masks. What is the best full face mask? Is it better to have the forehead piece?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full mask help
I hate suppliers that make you feel guilty about trialing different masks...grrrrr. Ask them how else are you supposed to decide what works best for you? I would find a different supplier if possible....one that doesn't make you feel guilty.

For a full face mask I would recommend you try the Resmed F20. But after all the masks I have tried, the Resmed Airfit P10s were the best. Just make sure to get a chin strap too from them (or someone else) to help prevent your mouth opening up during treatment.

I didn't like any of the masks with a forehead piece. Left marks and irritation.
Post Reply Post Reply
We are all unique; and what's right for one person may not be best for another.
So, there is no right answer to: What is the best full face mask?

Having said that, I like my ResMed Mirage Quattro FFM. It does have a forehead brace; and I find it stabilizes the mask.

You will find a very large following for the ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask. A chin strap is somethings necessary with that mask to prevent mouth leaks.
At a pressure of 11, you should be able to find a comfortable mask that seldom leaks.

best Wishes in your quest,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
For full face masks, I would recommend the Mirage Quattro, the Airfit F20, the Simplus in that order of preference. The F20 has some very nice features but the Mirage Quattro still gives me the best overall performance. The Mirage Quattro and the Simplus have forehead stabilizers, the F20 does not. We have a number of Mirage Quattro users but there are also a number of people that have tried it and hated it.

As Mongo said, the Airfit P10  or P20 have a large following that are so sold on the mask that we kid them about being a cult or maybe it was occult   Big Grin Big Grin . I kinda forget.

Don't let the DME people get you down. You need to enure that you try new masks with pressure from the PAP on and at the highest setting the machine will use and with no ramp. You should also try the masks when lying down in your normal sleeping position. Move around like you think you do while asleep. Again, do not let the DME people give you any static. if you must, tell them that you must find a mask that makes you feel comfortable. If you can't do that with them then maybe they should pick up their equipment and you will find another supplier.

I will get off my bandwagon now. Good luck finding an appropriate mask.

Best Regards,

PayotnA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2017, 03:16 PM)PaytonA Wrote: the Airfit P10  or P20 have a large following that are so sold on the mask that we kid them about being a cult or maybe it was occult   Big Grin    Big Grin . I kinda forget.

We also have a secret handshake!  Too-funny    But I know you meant the F20 here.  The P20 is reputed to be around the corner (far corner?) but is not available yet....
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the Mask Primer, there is a mask strategy in there.
You are doing this at home, Great,  Do the testing in your bed lying down (the face changes shape when you lie down.  Be sure to try on your back and on your side.

Read the section on mouth breathing, there are many ways to manage mouth breathing.

Try the Amara View mask because it seals differently than other FFM.

In general you should try the smallest least intrusive masks first (pillows, P10)
the nasal masks, and then finally the FFM

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,616 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 749 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.