Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A couple of newbie questions
RE: A couple of newbie questions
Oh, and my sleep study is scheduled for this Friday.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bring your own pillow and good luck!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's chart has me really excited! 

[Image: vzTkRrtl.png]

I turned EPR off, and look at that long stretch of virtually uninterrupted sleep! I am wondering...can anyone here calculate for me what my AHI was during that time? Look at that pressure line compared to yesterday (and every other day before that) when my pressure stayed at the top of the range the entire night.

Unfortunately, when I got back in bed, I had a hard time getting back to sleep, which I'm attributing to the EPR being off; it reminded me a lot of my first days of APAP use, before I got used to the machine. I was awake off and on for the rest of the night, and I think that's what is reflected in the high number of events. Right?

Anyone else as encouraged by this as I am? Sleeprider, you were right all along. It's too bad that it took me this long to be able to adapt to all the adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2018, 11:39 AM)paulag1955 Wrote: Last night's chart has me really excited! 

[Image: vzTkRrtl.png]

I turned EPR off, and look at that long stretch of virtually uninterrupted sleep! I am wondering...can anyone here calculate for me what my AHI was during that time? Look at that pressure line compared to yesterday (and every other day before that) when my pressure stayed at the top of the range the entire night.

Unfortunately, when I got back in bed, I had a hard time getting back to sleep, which I'm attributing to the EPR being off; it reminded me a lot of my first days of APAP use, before I got used to the machine. I was awake off and on for the rest of the night, and I think that's what is reflected in the high number of events. Right?

Anyone else as encouraged by this as I am? Sleeprider, you were right all along. It's too bad that it took me this long to be able to adapt to all the adjustments.

Sleepyhead will calculate the AHI for different sessions if you select/de-select them (click where you see the yellow and blue bars) on the left to isolate the session you want.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
WallaWalla, the first thing I asked was whether or not I could bring my own pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Spy Car, I didn't know that.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I'm talking about!

[Image: anb9ZsJl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's results are similar to the night before. Around three hours of virtually apnea-free sleep followed by getting up to use the bathroom, followed by five hours of tossing and turning. So...AHI 0.36 before the wake up, AHI 3.72 after the wake up, total for the night 2.49. I'll post the charts later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's charts.

Before wakeup:
[Image: AMx8ERPl.png]

After wake up:
[Image: cuks3Qsl.png]

Overall:
[Image: qfBgMGtl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
For future graphs, could you please not include mask pressure, but include flow limitation? Something is causing your pressure to go to the maximum limit. Your results remain acceptable, and increasing your pressure has not had good results in the past. There are only two obstructive apneas flagged here, and everything else is CA and H. I'm not confident in suggesting any changes, but would like to start seeing the flow limits.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet - Extreme Newbie Richg44006 17 6,989 7 minutes ago
Last Post: jean23
  New to CSA/What questions laokg 0 13 23 minutes ago
Last Post: laokg
  EPR questions juniper 7 290 04-19-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 413 04-18-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 215 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 253 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 132 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.