Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A couple of newbie questions
RE: A couple of newbie questions
I think they may have done that the second time, but I'm only going by the tech's cryptic clue, "You did better with CPAP." I'm STILL waiting for my results which will just be my doctor's interpretation of the results. The person from whom I requested them made it sound like it would not include any actual data at all.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
You can ask for the data and graphs. They can only charge you fair copying costs. I would go ahead and get the details. They are yours by law, and if you wanted a second opinion they are the only way to get it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought the first chart showed obstructive but maybe I was wrong. Sleeprider did I read that wrong?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
To me, the first one was mixed or too close to call. The rest mostly looked central. The point I was trying to make is, it doesn't matter how we call it on this forum. Her doctor needs to look for the answers using an objective look at the PSG data he has access to. I remember HalfAsleep being told she had no central apnea and it was obvious it was her doctor's bias, not the facts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Just chiming in. We focus on the ultimate goal of sleep apnea is to make you feel better. If your therapy is not supplying the feeling better result, convey it to the treating physician. A Dave-ism on a broken record, squeak long and loud, "I don't feel rested", "I feel worse", or whatever is factual in your own case. Tell your doctor these things to move to a different machine if that is your goal or requirement.

FWIW on the sleep report, I asked for my report in the spring of 2017 on the BiPAP. I was given some resistance from the pulmonary doc in wanting to give me a copy. I persisted and was only given the summary page, at first. I asked again, stating I want the detailed report. Then he "allowed" me to have that as well. Later on, ditto on the ASV version.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, good point. I think I may have reached the point of feeling as good as I did before I started therapy. After 2-1/2 months.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Best wishes you get whatever is needed to be treated fully and correctly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2018, 09:25 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: ...We focus on the ultimate goal of sleep apnea is to make you feel better. If your therapy is not supplying the feeling better result, convey it to the treating physician. A Dave-ism on a broken record, squeak long and loud, "I don't feel rested", "I feel worse", or whatever is factual in your own case. Tell your doctor these things to move to a different machine if that is your goal or requirement.

Or you can use his/her response to decide to get another sleep doctor.

Mine (Dr. #2 of 3) told me that any further symptoms could not be related to sleep apnea since my AHI was less than 5, and that I should consult my PCP to investigate other causes from here on out.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's hard to know how to proceed. I think there are other things going on but I'm having trouble putting it all together. And my PCP, apparently, couldn't care less. I just don't want to be stuck buying this machine in two weeks (automatic conversion from rental) if it's not working. Having that deadline is really stressful and that's not helping.
Paula

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't hesitate to talk to your insurance people if you feel the need. They can be very helpful and informative.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 379 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  EPR questions juniper 5 199 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 179 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 219 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 112 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 191 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 152 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.