Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A couple of newbie questions
RE: A couple of newbie questions
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: B3ql7bcl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on the chart. I think you need to continue dropping maximum pressure, and if the AHI event rate does not significantly improve, I think you might be heading to a bilevel with backup (ASV) eventually. Stay in touch with your doctors and providers so they are aware of your continuing issues with mostly central apnea events. Best wishes, and good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What does a bilevel do that the APAP doesn't?
Post Reply Post Reply
Until someone knowledgeable comes along to answer your question, here is the link to the wiki page on bilevels:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ure_(BPAP)
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2017, 11:31 AM)paulag1955 Wrote: What does a bilevel do that the APAP doesn't?

A bilevel allows the inhale and exhale pressures to have a greater separation than a regular CPAP.  The Resmed CPAP allows for a maximum separation of 3cm (EPR=3).  A bilevel CPAP can go much higher.  Also, normally a CPAP maximum pressure is usually around 20cm.  A bilevel's maximum is usually around 25cm and an ASV is 30cm.  .  .  Just in case the topic comes up at your next cocktail party. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry, I need the benefit of that spelled out for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since my results are jumping around all over the place, I think my best course of action right now is to return the machine to the settings recommended by my doctor and then leave it there so I can get a baseline of response over a few nights. Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
With your stated intent to have EPR at 2 there is nothing to lose by raising the minimum pressure to 5 as I suggested in a prior post. This is because the machine can't go below 4 so even at EPR of 2 you won't go below 4 when machine is at 5. But you will get -2 relief on exhale at the higher pressures. So, if max is 12 with EPR of 2 your exhale pressure is 10. You can see that visually on your pressure graph - red line (inhale) vs green line (exhale). Raising the minimum pressure will provide further information on your therapy (we would expect the AHI to drop at least some) but leave it there for a few days. One night does not establish a trend.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I had EPR set to 2 last night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 5 192 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 170 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 216 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 151 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.