Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A couple weeks worth of treatment under my belt
Sad 
A couple weeks worth of treatment under my belt
I really appreciate everyone on this board, I may not talk very often, or be as active as I could be, but I am finding my questions have already been asked and answered, so why bother being repetitive. That being said, my biggest concern/complaint since getting a bipap machine is the initial pressure script of 22/18. I have done my best to deal with this, but I hate feeling like a Macy's day parade balloon every morning! Well I just found out I am getting a new machine next week, a dream station autobipap, apparently my current machine won't do the auto feature which will be set at 16/12-22/18. Here is to hoping for less bloated mornings in the future. The bad news is I won't get it until next week.

Looking to be less bloated,
Russ
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A couple weeks worth of treatment under my belt
(05-03-2016, 03:13 PM)Rjhoeper Wrote: I really appreciate everyone on this board, I may not talk very often, or be as active as I could be, but I am finding my questions have already been asked and answered, so why bother being repetitive. That being said, my biggest concern/complaint since getting a bipap machine is the initial pressure script of 22/18. I have done my best to deal with this, but I hate feeling like a Macy's day parade balloon every morning! Well I just found out I am getting a new machine next week, a dream station autobipap, apparently my current machine won't do the auto feature which will be set at 16/12-22/18. Here is to hoping for less bloated mornings in the future. The bad news is I won't get it until next week.

Looking to be less bloated,
Russ

Hi Rjhoeper,

Welcome to the Board. Yes your pressures are quite high. Maybe those pressures were found to be most therapeutic during a titration. An auto machine will only raise your pressures in response to respiratory events so you might have periods of time at more comfortable pressures. In any event be sure to download and install the Sleepyhead software so that you can share your data and get some feedback from people with similar circumstances.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A couple weeks worth of treatment under my belt
Hi Rjhoeper,
It's good to hear that you are going to be getting a different machine but it's a bummer that you have to wait so long to get it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 919 3 hours ago
Last Post: SheShells23
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,737 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.