Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A data logging accelerometer for on chest, head or limbs
A data logging accelerometer for on chest, head or limbs
Is there an ApneaBoard member who has had experience with the X16-1D device I have in mind? Links to info are below.

To better understand how I sleep I'm looking at a data logging 3-axis accelerometer (cost $89 to $140 depending only on power supply) that is dedicated to that one purpose and can be worn about anywhere on the body, thanks to Velcro. It's about 2 oz and 1 in X 1 in X 4 in.  Manufacturer site and description are here [commercial link removed, instead search Google for "gcdataconcepts"]

A significant amount of detail on it and the best software to crunch the data--sampling rate is 12 - 400 Hz, at minimum a mass of data for 8 hr of sleep--is out there and the "Basement dwelling geek" http://www.basementdwellinggeek.org/CPAP...ition.html has applied and correlated its output with a smart xPAP machine's record. ( See also http://www.basementdwellinggeek.org/CPAP...iewer.html
 .)

Long a well disciplined side sleeper, I've regressed and now turn onto my back with higher AHI's for parts of the night unless I wear a prod  on my back. Further, even a few among my "zero-zero" nights (AHI and leaks) are not that restful, so I'm also interested in seeing how much thrashing around, etc. I do. The device  X16-1D looks made to order from my vantage point.

As in an earlier post, I point out that I read the thread about the new ResMed SleepScore device. I am familiar with drawbacks of failing to get sleep studies and of many oversold gadgets, both discussed there, pro and con. (Note: I tried to do an edit of that post too quickly and that together with my ineptitude in first use of the edit feature inflicted three successive posts on the forum readers. Sorry! 

But now I'm unsure the link to the geek will work, given the dots I did not knowingly enter that show in the Preview. With spaces added and needing to be removed, the part of the URL between "org" and "html" should read "  / C P A P % 2 0 V i e w e r / P u l s e O X _ P o s i t i o n .  ")

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites who do not maintain an online store. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A data logging accelerometer for on chest, head or limbs
I've often thought about a device like this; something to wear around the neck for basic position info. The slowest sampling rate of this one is way faster than I think we need; reporting the average of one sample per second over one minute should be adequate.
This one would be good for Restless Leg monitoring, fastened around the leg below the knee - although it might be a bit uncomfortable.

Your links to the basement geek are fine, but the manufacturer's link has a link to their store so I think that makes it a commercial link. The CPAP manufacturers don't sell to the public and don't even have links to distributers - I think that's the distinction.

Upon reviewing the Commercial Links Policy (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid104423) I see that it is a clear violation, and will ask a Moderator to edit your post. Please review the policy; in the future you can say "google for such and such" - this is always OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would setting up a video recorder of some sort work? There is an app called "Hyperlapse" that will snap a photo with your camera at set intervals.
Post Reply Post Reply
For about $30.00 you can get a wyze cam.

Here are links 

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Wyze-cam

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ion-camera

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I think a really cheap Android phone and an ace bandage would do. There are accelerometer loggers and analyzers on the Play store.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 461 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Elevated head of bed increases CA and AHI silverdr 1 677 09-05-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Chest Pains. Set pressure? Dolla Bill 13 1,066 08-28-2023, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Dolla Bill
  ongoing chest pain msherman1000 3 510 08-23-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Chest strap heart rate monitor? YouTakeMyBreathAway 0 585 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.