Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A deep report on sleep treatment
RE: A deep report on sleep treatment
Note, I cannot find a setting to send me a notice or email with anyone makes a replay or question.

My response time is slow as I do not know of any changes.

IS there a way to turn such reports or emails on??

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Wen you make a new post go back to edit and at the bottom click the button to receive email. I think it will stay with at option until changed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You can select "Edit ⇾ Full Edit", or while making a new post, look at the bottom of the editor.  The options list has the following options:
  • Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies
  • Subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies

Additionally, there is an option to set this action as your default in your User Control Panel.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.

Did both changes email on all replies etc..

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2020, 10:23 AM)racprops Wrote: More about Sleep Apnea:

First those silly system cleaners…they are not needed. Consider, a sleep machine is PUSHING air and a higher than normal pressure into your lungs, the system is operating at a positive pressure, there is NO way your breath and any germs can get anywhere past your mask.  When you exhale the exhaust vents ARE on your mask, that is as far as your breath can go. So Clean your mask and or replace it often.

Second this is the best mask I have found….The ResMed AirTouch F20 Form Cushion system is the best sealing and wearing mask of all time.

Lastly I found my sleep mask straps were creating budges on my head. There were some on the top of my head and one odd one on the back of my head. It was the narrow straps causing them.

SO I fixed that problem by mounting leather spreaders to spread the load over a larger area, these are about 4 inches wide and from end to end of the strap, stapled to the head gear straps.

No more major budges any more.

Rich

Rich thanks for your posts!  Read them all.
That Studie sounds special.  

I'm a certified car nut too.  Sometimes in denial.  And my regret is not buying the HD XLCH back when...but I did go back to school.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
And the beat goes ON:

Odd problem with air flow with Dreamstations

I seem to have noted an odd and performance lowering behavioral of my new Phillips Dreamstation ASV.

I have had higher AHIs for the past three weeks. Nothing bad, still low and under 5per night, but nothing like first two nights lows of less than .5.

Last night I noted a lower that normal (first two nights worth) air flow.

WTF??? So I unplugged the system to cause a reboot….and it worked I got a notable improvement in the air flow.

But due to the impact of the start up air, which is a little more a hit than the older 950/960 systems, I began starting the system with the hose disconnected from the mask, until it was up and running.

I did that after the reboot a second power up and the air flow was reduced…so a reboot again and I kept the air hose connected and took the “hit” of the startup and the air flow stayed full.

My best guess as to what is happening is there is a fan speed control, like a REV Limiter on cars, and with no back pressure on the hose (IE open) it cuts in and lowers the fans top speed so it does not over rev.

BUT it seems this control once turned on does not completely shuts down and when I hook the hose after allowing it to run wild it stays slightly in control lowing the air flow.

So I report this to ask has anyone else seen this with their systems, and for the techs to say if I am right.

The next couple of nights will also help prove my theory by how well I do sleep wise.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2020, 10:33 AM)DaveL Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 10:23 AM)racprops Wrote: More about Sleep Apnea:

First those silly system cleaners…they are not needed. Consider, a sleep machine is PUSHING air and a higher than normal pressure into your lungs, the system is operating at a positive pressure, there is NO way your breath and any germs can get anywhere past your mask.  When you exhale the exhaust vents ARE on your mask, that is as far as your breath can go. So Clean your mask and or replace it often.

Second this is the best mask I have found….The ResMed AirTouch F20 Form Cushion system is the best sealing and wearing mask of all time.

Lastly I found my sleep mask straps were creating budges on my head. There were some on the top of my head and one odd one on the back of my head. It was the narrow straps causing them.

SO I fixed that problem by mounting leather spreaders to spread the load over a larger area, these are about 4 inches wide and from end to end of the strap, stapled to the head gear straps.

No more major budges any more.

Rich

Rich thanks for your posts!  Read them all.
That Studie sounds special.  

I'm a certified car nut too.  Sometimes in denial.  And my regret is not buying the HD XLCH back when...but I did go back to school.

DaveL

Hello, feel free to hook up via face book and we can visit.

Also: "DaveL

Compliant for 35+ Canadian years"

Is Canadian years different that US years, I know your money is.... Smile

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I’m not on Facebook. 

Be safe
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
OK it seems to be official:

At lease as far as with my new Phillips Dreamstation ASV machine.

I have found that I cannot start my system with the hose disconnected, it has to be started with my mask on and the hose connected so it starts with full back pressure of a worn mask.

Again in my case doing so lowers the air flow and thus lowers the treatment.

Here is a readout from today's Oscar: 

It shows my treatment and you can see how well I have been doing. I have been doing OK using older Phillips System One 950. and a 960 units.

Note the reports starting on Sept. 8th. There was a big improvement and then a slow drop in performance and raising AHIs.

This got worst until I woke up to the drop of air flow as I had noted a lost of air flow with my old 950. In both cases I found my self working hard to draw a breath, the machine was not pushing air into my lungs. Both systems seem to not give me a normal light breeze on my face under my mask.

I was very dismayed to see my new Dreamstation seemly failing and doing this loss of air flow too!! I was dismayed that my great first days on the new ASV machine was disappearing and my AHIs rising to 4+ per night.

I tried a old trick I found that worked with my old 950 and 960 system, a hard reset/reboot by unplugging the units and plugging them in again.

This worked with the Dreamstation, but when I did the startup with the mask disconnected the system dropped air flow. Resetting and having the mask fully connected during startup and the system stay at full air flow.

So far no repair tech can verify this action, so it is a case of either my unit is the only one that does this OR NO ONE else has notice this.

And again this can MAJORLY EFFECT how my days are.

This is a case of 100% usage, good AHI reports of under 5 per night avg. EVEN a good report from a sleep cycle monitor and yet again in my case crash days....

I personally have proven by how I am able to have full days with a good sleep machine that provided full treatment with good air flow on my face.

There seems to be no report our systems can show this small but for me (and perhaps others) so very important to how my days are.

As we often read here of: "I do everything I am asked, I sleep with a system all night etc. and yet I am dead tired each day, HELP!!"

I was one of those people until I figured out I needed a ASV machine and then I found out I need a machine with good air flow.

I am sharing this report in the hope my fellow crashing day suffers might find help.

Here are my deeper reports on my findings:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid366591

And here is the chart showing my treatment: Well It would IF I could upload an image from my computer...not need a web site to do so.

Note Sept. 07 was my first night on the new Dreamstation, note the dramatic change in my AHIs: on Sept 6 I had a AHI of 4.30 a mix of all, on Sept 7 I had a AHI of .61!!!

And the next four nights my reports dropped even more on Sept 8 .36 and only Hypopnea, Sept 9 .13 and again only Hypopnea, Sept.10 .37 and again only Hypopnea, and the slow lost of control as I took to starting my system with the hose disconnected and letting it run blowing air out the hose before connecting it to my mask, with Sept. 11 reading 2.04, ad Sept. 12 reading of .63,  13 report of .52, 14 = 3.47. 15 = 4.64!!!!, 16 = 4.16, And that was on my 960 for just the first 2.52 minutes, at which point I switched back to my Dreamstation and got a report of ZERO for the rest of the night and last night a report for Sept. 17 of .12 we are back baby....

Sept 14 and 15 I was very depressed as I could not figure out what was wrong, until I returned to bed after my normal wake up during the night and discovering have trouble drawing a breath just like my failed 950.

Sept. I started the night on my still good 960 and did not get a good report, so found it was not great. Mid night I switched back to the Dreamstation and things returned to great.

It reported ZERO AHIs on its display screen that moring, but for some reason did not record it on my SD Card.

And last night Sept.17 the report was ONLY .12 and that was only for Hypopnea!!!

OK That is proof enough for me, and my days are good when my system is working correctly.

Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
Ever wish you had a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 42 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 278 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 196 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.