Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A funny thing happened
A funny thing happened
when I went to wash my equipment oil ended up getting on everything, I don't know what oil it is but it is in my soap. We can assume I have an enemy. It took me 3 hours and I went through 16 towels just to get the oil off of the sink, counter and faucet. What ended up working was mixing straight laundry detergent and bicarbonate, scrubbing with a brush and letting it sit for 90 min, then rinsing with profuse amounts of water.

I don't know how to handle this on my cpap equipment. Any advice? I figured I probably shouldn't use it use it in this state.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A funny thing happened
Are we talking about a CPAP machine here, or an old lawn mower? Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
The best oil dispersant is Dawn dishwashing liquid. Be sure not to saturate the machine itself. I assume you need to clean this off the outer case an accessories?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will get Dawn today, pretty desperate. The oil on the tubing, pillows and the humidifier reservoir I was washing. It isn't a regular oil, I can't even get it off my hands with the kitchen soap. 

This is the first time I've had a DME, it so happens I'm at my 6 month point, on the 17th they are mailing new supplies, perhaps some of this will be replaced then.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help!! I bought extra strength dawn, in a few minutes the oily residue was gone.

I saw my sleep doc, who kindly explained I am dealing with a psychopath and there is no way to reason with an unsound mind. He filed an insurance claim for my equipment as being damaged.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2019, 09:20 AM)Hannah14 Wrote: Thanks for your help!! I bought extra strength dawn, in a few minutes the oily residue was gone.

I saw my sleep doc, who kindly explained I am dealing with a psychopath and there is no way to reason with an unsound mind. He filed an insurance claim for my equipment as being damaged.

I must have missed the psychopath part.  Thinking-about

Unless of course, you were referring to your DME supplier.  Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
The suspected psychopath is a new roommate that expected me to drive her to the dr, the pharmacy, the gym, college and work. After a few weeks of it I told her no more. That's when things began disappearing and I put a lock on my door. Then things only disappeared from the bathroom and kitchen. When my coffee mug was missing I bought 2 and offered her one, when I came home from work that night both mugs were gone, when I went to clean my cpap an oily mess was mixed in the soap and the next morning it was also on the windshield of my car. The whole time she goes to mass and hums church hymns and stayed in her room most of the time. When I texted her she couldn't avoid me forever she disappeared to an enabling friend's place who is protecting the poor thing from my anger.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2019, 01:26 PM)Hannah14 Wrote: The suspected psychopath is a new roommate that expected me to drive her to the dr, the pharmacy, the gym, college and work. After a few weeks of it I told her no more. That's when things began disappearing and I put a lock on my door. Then things only disappeared from the bathroom and kitchen. When my coffee mug was missing I bought 2 and offered her one, when I came home from work that night both mugs were gone, when I went to clean my cpap an oily mess was mixed in the soap and the next morning it was also on the windshield of my car. The whole time she goes to mass and hums church hymns and stayed in her room most of the time. When I texted her she couldn't avoid me forever she disappeared to an enabling friend's place who is protecting the poor thing from my anger.

Wow......sounds like you have your hands full. I wish you the best and hope things work out in your favor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2019, 09:20 AM)Hannah14 Wrote: Thanks for your help!! I bought extra strength dawn, in a few minutes the oily residue was gone.

Glad to hear the Dawn worked out. The only thing stronger would dissolve your plastic parts, but I actually use the Dawn for routine cleaning.  Sorry to hear about the room-matet mess.  Change the locks...if you rent, ask the landlord to do it and explain the problem. I'm sure it will get done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you guys!!!

Dawn is awesome. I'll be moving out, landlord is giving me a months free rent and moving expenses. I would never be at peace here.

I do find some joy listening to Motorheads version of Sympathy For the Devil.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 5 297 04-14-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: pamm777
  [CPAP] Struggling with the whole thing Billyaustin 1 403 07-23-2023, 11:20 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What happened? highlandwarlord 10 899 06-29-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: highlandwarlord
  What happened to me here? CA's back to back livsmonster 0 374 04-24-2023, 07:48 PM
Last Post: livsmonster
  Does this thing work? enjoysleep59 7 2,124 04-06-2023, 12:51 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  How effective is APAP if left to do it's thing? chris94546 4 634 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: chris94546
  What Happened at 3 a.m.? dhamments 9 964 08-29-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: dhamments

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.