Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A handy tip for avoiding "water, water everywhere!"
A handy tip for avoiding "water, water everywhere!"
I'll be 80 in a few weeks and I'm constantly being surprised at how lively formerly inanimate objects become as one ages - stuff that used to behave nicely, now doesn't.

This new challenge obliged me come up with this.  (I tried to insert a photo here "a picture being worth a thousand words" but try as I might, I just couldn't manage it)  so . . .  

I use a pair of the tall 1-litre plastic honey servers - Billy Bee or similar - well-washed and with screw-on tops, and a funnel.  The thought of spilling an entire new 4-litre bottle of distilled water everywhere appalled me so at least, using this method, the worst that can happen is one honey bottle being upended.  The two bottles, once filled, last a week or so for filling the tank on my machine.  I don't actually use the flip-top cap and spout as I find that doesn't work as well, but the screw-on cap once removed makes the job fast and easy - and no spills or drips.  

If anyone is interested, and can tell me how to do it, I'll include the photo of my set-up.  I'm not usually defeated by my computer but using the "insert an image" button didn't work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: A handy tip for avoiding "water, water everywhere!"
Try this links for instructions on inserting an image:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t+image%22
- and -
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2019, 11:08 AM)Maggie Wrote: I'll be 80 in a few weeks and I'm constantly being surprised at how lively formerly inanimate objects become as one ages - stuff that used to behave nicely, now doesn't.

This new challenge obliged me come up with this.  (I tried to insert a photo here "a picture being worth a thousand words" but try as I might, I just couldn't manage it)  so . . .  

I use a pair of the tall 1-litre plastic honey servers - Billy Bee or similar - well-washed and with screw-on tops, and a funnel.  The thought of spilling an entire new 4-litre bottle of distilled water everywhere appalled me so at least, using this method, the worst that can happen is one honey bottle being upended.  The two bottles, once filled, last a week or so for filling the tank on my machine.  I don't actually use the flip-top cap and spout as I find that doesn't work as well, but the screw-on cap once removed makes the job fast and easy - and no spills or drips.  

If anyone is interested, and can tell me how to do it, I'll include the photo of my set-up.  I'm not usually defeated by my computer but using the "insert an image" button didn't work for me.
I love your sense of humor.  I, too, have found "problems" with lively household objects.  I like your idea of using honey servers as receptacles for distilled water.  Thank You for sharing your ideas.  btw.....Happy 80th Birthday whenever the big day comes.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A handy tip for avoiding
No message
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Having fun with my computer - again!  Here we go . . . 

Did that work?  Preview says it did!   - I do love learning to do new tricks on my PC . . . Thank you so much . . . Meg
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Domestic Water Heater Question Sleepster 26 3,460 06-30-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Handy tip for distilled water bottles Maggie 5 1,473 04-17-2017, 08:35 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.