Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A hint for nose mask users.
A hint for nose mask users.
This may have been mentioned before.. for my fellow "nose mask" users.  Bed

I use the F&P Eson nose mask, and I have recently found that if I turn my machine on before putting my mask on I find it easier to get a full seal of the mask without having to re-seat it multiple times. 

Now I hang the mask over my head, switch on the machine, and clip the side straps to the mask once the air is blowing through. 

This makes it much easier now to settle quickly of an evening when I go to bed.  Big Grin

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A hint for nose mask users.
That's interesting. I find the same thing with my P-10 pillows. I put it on, though, then turn on the machine, and simply take it barely off and then back on... and it settles into just about the right spot.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A hint for nose mask users.
(02-11-2018, 01:14 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: That's interesting.  I find the same thing with my P-10 pillows.  I put it on, though, then turn on the machine, and simply take it barely off and then back on... and it settles into just about the right spot.

I found that doing this with the FX nasal pillows does the same thing, put them on, wait until the machine is at its minimum pressure, then pull them away and put them back and they seal first time.  If I don't I find I fiddle with them for a while until they seal, after that they are fine until I knock them off.
That does not happen often, but it does happen now and again.  I think the FX would have worked better with the p10 headgear.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,085 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,971 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 646 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.