Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A little guidance please
RE: A little guidance please
Fred:  I hope this is what you were looking for.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Those events I don't believe are centrals, I believe those are from movement.  See how the 1st breath after the event (non-events too), are a little bigger than normal, That is trying to get a little more air in to make up for not-breathing, holding your breath. Centrals typically don't do that, they start smaller and subsequent breaths get bigger. Has to do with being near the CO2 apneic threshold.

Now another one from in one of the clusters, from around 310.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred

Here is the second one you asked for. Your comments don't surprise me. I was very restless last night and did a lot of turning. The only other time I have had issues with large clusters of centrals  is when I tried moving to the F30 mask last winter. That was a disaster but nearly all of the flagged events then were junk under 10 seconds. The majority of my normal events are usually hypopneas. That mask ended in the landfill.

Thanks again for helping out.

Post Reply Post Reply
I can't see detail in this 45 min view, thus the request for 2 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred: I think this is what you want.

Post Reply Post Reply
These look legit, CO2 driven. now let's see the 2 minutes just before the start of this cluster.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope this will suffice. Had trouble getting 2 minutes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Fred: 
I reduced the pressure and EPR by 1 as you suggested and it did have a somewhat positive effect. However, I woke up at around 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. As a result only had about 4:30 of good sleep. The majority of the centrals I saw today were after I was awake. In the real sleep time I still had 7 centrals but that is an improvement. I am going to turn off EPR tonight and leave the pressure alone and see what happens. Hopefully that will make another improvement (  if I can actually get a decent amount of sleep) and if not I will try going back to the original pressure the following night with EPR turned off if need be. If one of those doesn't make things better I will probably go back to CPAP at the pressure I had used on the PR1 and see if I can catch up on my sleep before I try anything else for the weekend. Would like to use APAP but I had a much easier time with CPAP even on the PR! so maybe I am just one of those odd balls that is treated by fixed pressure. My results were always better with CPAP.

If you want any pics of last night let me know. The last screen I sent you wasn't exactly what you requested but hope it gives you what you wanted to see. If not I can try again with that. Was tired and had a lot of trouble producing what I sent. Thanks again for taking the time to try and help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes please show me last nights charts.

And try EPR = 0 tonight, that should minimize the centrals.  

can you also provide a typical chart from your PR too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night. I gave you a 2 min window around the last sleeping (I think I was at least) event around 2:14 . The cluster around 3:30 I was wide awake so considering that as a junk. I have changed EPR to 0 for tonight. Hopefully I can manage that but based on previous experience with setting of 1 I am hoping it won't be a problem. 

I deleted my PR stuff so would have to recreate. I can tell you though centrals were not an issue with that machine. Any problems I had were usually around hypopneas.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 107 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 905 Yesterday, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 471 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 647 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  [Pressure] Looking for some pressure guidance lavenderlate 1 179 03-11-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Another new user needing guidance Unathletico 1 208 02-26-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: grubsztyl
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,484 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.