Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A little progress..!
Idea 
A little progress..!
Good morning my friends! Last night I was going to try an full face mask I had, even shaved off a small beard I sported (wife said I looked younger) but even trying to get used to the mask just sitting with it on was torture so I said no to that.. Wife and I got to talking and she suggested I put on some music in the background and listen to it while I was trying to sleep with my P10 mask. So I did. 5 cd's full of Yanni in surround sound was the mood for the night.

Used the P10 and paper tape over my mouth instead of the infernal chin strap and 1/2 an Ambien and I fell asleep with NO adrenalin rush. Slept 3 hours then another 1 1/2. I did take the mask off after and slept some more I think.

Im down to an AHI of 2.38 and actually feel a bit rested. Ill know for sure as the day goes on. I just gotta admit I feel a little happy this morning. I thank God and I thank you for the so needed support! Thanks

Mark
[attachment=1971]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A little progress..!
Actually, last night looks pretty good. The music is a good idea.
Having proper comfort, lighting, sound, et cetera, is important.

I sometimes put on a music mix. Back in 2013, I needed to communicate with archivist in Germany.
That meant a refresher course in German. So, some nights I would put on a CD of a German language lesson.
No faster way to get to sleep... I don't think I got past: Guten Tag.

Glad you had a good night,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2015, 11:30 AM)justMongo Wrote: Actually, last night looks pretty good. The music is a good idea.

I sometimes put on a music mix. Back in 2013, I needed to communicate with archivist in Germany.
That meant a refresher course in German. So, some nights I would put on a CD of a German language lesson.

Mongo
That's funny, Mongo. "Es tut mir leid!" So i take German in high school thinking it's a skate through class as my parents and grandparents spoke Yiddish and its very Germanic. I skated. Now Im in California and am learning Spanish. Hindsight = 20/20.

I sent you a couple PM responses to the one you sent me yesterday BTW..

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GTOdude,
Great to hear about your progress, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2015, 11:08 AM)GTOdude Wrote: Good morning my friends! Last night I was going to try an full face mask I had, even shaved off a small beard I sported (wife said I looked younger) but even trying to get used to the mask just sitting with it on was torture so I said no to that.. Wife and I got to talking and she suggested I put on some music in the background and listen to it while I was trying to sleep with my P10 mask. So I did. 5 cd's full of Yanni in surround sound was the mood for the night.

Used the P10 and paper tape over my mouth instead of the infernal chin strap and 1/2 an Ambien and I fell asleep with NO adrenalin rush. Slept 3 hours then another 1 1/2. I did take the mask off after and slept some more I think.

Im down to an AHI of 2.38 and actually feel a bit rested. Ill know for sure as the day goes on. I just gotta admit I feel a little happy this morning. I thank God and I thank you for the so needed support! Thanks

Mark

Great! Keep it up!

(12-18-2015, 11:30 AM)justMongo Wrote: Actually, last night looks pretty good. The music is a good idea.

Mongo

There is a concept that I've seen mentioned here in the past, but haven't seen anyone refer too lately... "Sleep Hygene." I took it to heart when I read the advice, and it works for me. The idea is to take steps to clear out old bad sleep habits, and replace them with good ones. Develop the habits that you find help you sleep better, and abandon those that don't.

This is what you're starting... you put on some restful music, etc. It's about developing a routine that encourages sleep. In my case, it's going to bed at the same time every night... taking a hot shower about 45 minutes before... no coffee after 8pm, hit the "warm up" cycle on my humidifier about 10 minutes ahead... etc. Find a routine that encourages relaxation, and become OCD about it. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
So what's worse? Sleep apnea, or Yanni?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2015, 07:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: So what's worse? Sleep apnea, or Yanni?
Apnea by far. My wife played Yanni while we were dating. His music is relaxing and awesome to listen to. All I would need more is a joint (J/K)!

Mark

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,350 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  So Much Progress! sleepygoo 0 329 10-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: sleepygoo
  SleepyRyans progress SleepyRyan 1 443 08-05-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: SleepyRyan
  [CPAP] stanleyjack cpap progress thread stanleyjack 58 3,663 05-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] turbopenguin CPAP progress thread turbopenguin 14 1,057 04-14-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  No Progress: Merge Wperrott92 Therapy Thread Wperrott92 11 1,174 01-29-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Wperrott92
  Can someone look at my 45 day APAP progress data? Catherine416 4 823 01-26-2022, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Catherine416

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.