Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A new wrinkle--big CSR event
RE: A new wrinkle--big CSR event
(08-18-2016, 10:38 PM)dclaryjr Wrote: The last few days that hasn't been true, and I've succumbed to the recliner monster for hour long naps. I've woken up with headaches that have lingered all day.

So the question I would ask you is this... when you take your snooze in the "Recliner Monster" do you use your ?PAP device or do you suck it up n' "rough it?"

The reason I ask is, my sleep while it's badly fragmented, if I don't use my ?PAP therapy for every sleep session, I pay for it with headaches and other issues... I no longer suck it up and "Rough It!" Headaches Hurt!

BTW... I'm in the throws of being put onto long term disability because of several things, OSA being one of the reasons. Using the machine every time I snooze (at least when I'm home) clearly provides supporting documentation for some um.. er.. uh... can I call em' well never-mind I'm sure you get the picture....

Just a thought...

Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2016, 06:11 PM)icyura10 Wrote: ]

So the question I would ask you is this... when you take your snooze in the "Recliner Monster" do you use your ?PAP device or do you suck it up n' "rough it?"

Sorry for the late response. I haven't received any notifications that someone had posted to this thread. Yea, when I crash in the living room, it's without the benefit of my machine.

I went through a bad patch a terrible daytime drowsiness, but I managed to isolate the cause of that. It started right as I started taking Zyrtec after a layoff. After four days, it dawned on me that the drug might be the cause. I quit using it, and the extreme drowsiness went away. I still have some, but for awhile there I thought my CPAP therapy was a complete failure.

My AHI has been in the range of 9-12 since going back to my prescribed 10cm of pressure. Yesterday afternoon I took a Claritin-D. Last night my AHI was 4.55!! That's my lowest ever. Is it possible the machine detected heavy nasal congestion as an obstruction?

I'm going with the Claritin-D and a nasal rinse before going to bed tonight. I'll be curious to see if I can get back-to-back sub 5 AHI.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2016, 04:44 PM)green wings Wrote: It could be possible that you are less prone to having mask leaks at 10 cm and therefore sleep on your side more. I'm totally reaching here, trying to think of an explanation. Smile

Yea, it's a mystery. On my second night in the lab, they showed that I was on my back virtually the whole night. During the retest, I spent a little more time my side. During the first test, my AHI was 0 while at 10cm. The second one, it wasn't 0 but was very small.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2016, 03:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: . You stumped the chumps here. Best of luck moving forward!

DielaughingLaugh-a-lot

Ha! No chumps here...just a bunch of folks that really want to help!

Dave

(I got unsubscribed to the thread somehow...thus the delay in responding)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's what my sub 5 looked like. The lack of cluster events is noticeable.

[attachment=2787]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 332 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP sticks on higher pressure after Obstructive Apnea event AlanR 3 463 11-12-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  What is a 'Clear Airway' Event? dreamstream 13 16,380 08-29-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: nallac
  Cheyene Stokes event - first ever in 120 nights Willgetthere 2 512 08-27-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Willgetthere
  [Diagnosis] Is this indicative of most events happening during REM? | What is a respiratory event Dire 4 555 08-08-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Dire
  CA with arousal before event VS no arousal sleep2023 1 520 08-01-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.