Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A newbie with leakage issues
RE: A newbie with leakage issues
(05-05-2013, 05:47 PM)burninal Wrote: Is there a way from looking at the data to determine if the leakage is from mouth breathing versus mask leakage?
Detailed leak graph shows significant leak episodes in some periods and none at all in other periods.

The high level of leaks (> 24 L/min) and their characteristic plateau shape (steep rise, flattening off then returning to the base line) indicate the presence of significant and variable leaks, most likely mouth leaks

See page 57 .... case study 1: suggested solution
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
I received my chin strap yesterday and wore it without issue. My leakage dropped dramatically, and I thought that I did good, but was truly surprised to see that my AHI went from a norm of <4 to over 8. I might add, last night, I changed my humidity control from manual at 5.0 /86 F to automatic. Some hours the count was as high as 19 "central" events (what ever this means). All of my events with the resmed software are listed as central. What does this mean?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Don,t concentrate on every event scored by machine
Concentrate on getting decent sleep
Some events scored when you,re not sleep, discard events scored while awake
Look for trend over period of time and give some time to adjust

If for whatever reason happening every night, than schedule an appointment with your sleep physician

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 183 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 524 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 230 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 187 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 497 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.