Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A problem with the machine or a very strange breathing pattern?
A problem with the machine or a very strange breathing pattern?
In the last two weeks I've noticed two events that I can't explain. The first one was on 2020-01-07:

And the second one was on 2020-01-18:

Is there a problem with the machine or it's something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A problem with the machine or a very strange breathing pattern?
Welcome to the forum. I’ve never encountered your machine before but I don’t think you stopped breathing for that long and I’m not sure what some of those event mean. The experts in here may be able to help you. They should be around soon. It’s still 8 o’clock on the east coast of the states so it may take a little while till they come across your post. 

From what I see your machine may be at fault but that purely a guess. Hope you find the answer. Someone will be around shortly to help you.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I've never seen one of these machines.
However, what exactly are you referring to?

There is something "too regular" with the leak waveforms in my mind. They repeat almost exactly.
Also the flow rates disappear then become large amplitude then disappear again.
Is that what you are talking about?

If that IS what you mean then (as a random guess) I'd wonder if the circuitry or a pressure sensor was failing.
That's total speculation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't say why the Flow Rate signal dropped out.  We have seen similar with a bad SD card in the past, not on your machine.

You have an excessive amount of flow limits in both of these charts.  
Can you increase the difference between the exhale and inhale pressures?
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect a bad flow sensor. The tidal volume of nearly 40K is impossible, and it just looks like two different scales here. We don't have a lot of experience with Weinmann machines on OSCAR, and I would like to see the same chart on the SomnoSoft software to compare results. It's possible this is an artifact within OSCAR, so without seeing the manufacturer graphs or statistics to compare against, I'm reluctant to identify a cause.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,118 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 149 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,330 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.