Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines!
Thumbsdown 
A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines!
Oddly, I now have three CPAP machines, and need advice on which to keep. What would you do?

ResMed Airsense 11 - I just started using this new machine
Dreamstation 2 - unopened, still in box
Dreamstation - fixed after recall. I removed the recalled soundproofing, but it's somehow quieter!

Which one should I keep?
Should I also keep a backup and sell only one? Even if my insurance is good for every 5 years?
Are these even sellable or are they only available via prescription?

Thanks for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A puzzle: I have too many CPAP machines!
Keep the ResMed and use this one.
Keep the DS 2 as a backup....trust me, you will probably need it sometime.
Burn the original DS.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
That depends if you like to use OSCAR and check your data.  The DS2 is not compatible with OSCAR, and probably won't be for some time...

Whereas, the DS1 is compatible with OSCAR, and since you've made the necessary repair, you should keep it for a backup.

Use the ResMed A11 as your primary machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with OPAL, data is a must, keep DS2 as backup, use AS11
Post Reply Post Reply
Im probably going to end up in a similar situation.
The current plan is to sell off the DS2, use the Resmed, and keep the old DS as backup until insurance gives the green light to swap up.. then ditch the DS and have two Resmeds going forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your advice, much appreciated. What about disposing of whatever CPAP machine I'm not using? Is it in fact prescription only? Or can I sell it?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can sell it, as many people do, but NOT HERE! 

ApneaBoard rules prohibit sale or transfer of prescription-required items by the forums or PMs.

There are other forums and facebook pages where you can sell your used equipment.

And there is always Craigslist.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAPs and CPAP masks are Class 2 medical devices. As such a prescription is required for sale to users. DO NOT sell on Apnea Board in any way form or means.

That said units are sold other ways, estate sales craigslist and such.

Amazon and eBay have stopped selling CPAPS because of the prescription requirement.
Post Reply Post Reply
And of course there's always Supplier #2. They have a "Sell your CPAP" link right at the top of their page.

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 128 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 866 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 527 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 612 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 84,034 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,125 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 793 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.