Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A question on cellular modem
A question on cellular modem
Hi,

I am buying a brand new Resmed Autoset S10 and I don't have a prescription, so I am going to set it and provide the results to my pulmonologist. I understand that the S10 has a cellular modem. A cellular modem would require a SIM card to be able to operate so does it have one installed or do you need to buy one and install it yourself? With nobody officially monitoring your therapy remotely, I don't think there will be some kind of a free and universal data sim card installed. Am I wrong? 

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A question on cellular modem
ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10 has a integrated modem inside. No need to buy SIM. I have heard that. It uses 2G GSM network.

And when I looked cpap menu, it told that it uses local GSM operators network. So I think that it works too. But I use the Oscar anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
So who pays for the data usage? I don't think Resmed themselves would be willing to do that considering the large number of machines out there. An insurance company would be willing to pay for it because they wouldn't want to pay for the therapy if the patient is not compliant. I don't think the doctor pays for it also and I am not sure GSM companies would offer free data to a company.
Post Reply Post Reply
That data is setup by your DME to send data to ResMed and the DME. You cannot do that.
Use OSCAR and the help that you can find here. Use hard copies and a copy of the SD Card to take into your sleep doc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed provides the service at no cost to you. you can set up Myair by yourself and you will get the reports at myair website.  when you set it up you can't have it sent to dme or doc, but that don't matter. when you have an appt print the myair report and the doctor will love it. when you look at the serial number sticker you'll see 4G if your machine is fairly new, so it will communicate. just type myair in your browser to go to their website and you can set it up now.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately myAir is not available in my country yet. I hope they release it in near future.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's difficult to go to my sleep doc physically. Can I clone the SD card and send her a copy? She says the DME (?) turned off my modem on 3/20 so she can't access it. I didn't even have my current machine on that date.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2020, 09:07 AM)PhoebeAnn Wrote: It's difficult to go to my sleep doc physically. Can I clone the SD card and send her a copy? She says the DME (?) turned off my modem on 3/20 so she can't access it. I didn't even have my current machine on that date.

If you have a second SD Card, Just copy the entire contents of the source SD Card including files and folders, then paste to the new card.  You may have to create a temporary directory on your computer drive to store the contents of the source before copying that to the target SD card.  The result will be two cards with identical contents.  You don't need to worry about Volume names or anything.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 07:21 AM)drmaestro Wrote: Thanks for the info. Unfortunately myAir is not available in my country yet. I hope they release it in near future.

myAir doesn't capture anywhere near the amount of data that's stored on the SD card. Get the free OSCAR software so you can read the data on the SD card. If you need help with your therapy, or just have questions, you can post screen shots from OSCAR here and people can then provide help. To protect your privacy, make sure the screenshots don't contain personal information such as your real name.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Called my sleep doc today and let them know I got my machine and signed up for my air. They said they should be able to look me up in the system to check my stuff and change the settings if need be after my next appointment next month.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,608 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,038 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,796 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 261 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Airsense 10 - no more cellular signal? goadventurer 13 12,882 08-12-2023, 04:29 PM
Last Post: CanadianClub007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.