Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A serious concern
A serious concern
Guys, I just started using OSCAR.... I bought this "NEW" machine back in July. The tech said he reserved it for someone but they cancelled the order on him...  Is this possible this was a refurbished item (which is probably ok)? Was it just being tested? Or did the tech sell me a used CPAP ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A serious concern
The way to tell would have been to check the Total Run hours in the about in the clinical menu when you got the AS11.
There will be a difference between that and you therapy hours because the total counts the cool off time and your therapy time doesn't.

Unlikely to be an issue with the AS11 but DMEs have been known to pull that stunt before.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks to me like the machine was possibly new (or reset) May 23, 2022 - settings adjusted and tested a bit - and then set for you in July.
Doesn't that match the story of it being set up for someone else and that order being canceled?

As Gideon said, you would have had to check total hours on the machine when you first got it. To know if it was used more than just testing.

Many DMEs are shady folks and if someone was using it from May 23rd to the time you got it then technically it was a used machine and should have been sold to you cheaper but I don't know if it's worth the fight for a new one at this point.

Likely nothing wrong with a machine used a month.

What are the chances the DME will admit it and give you a refund or a new machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
The strange part is the DME did not reset the user data before dispensing to you. Run hours at time of receipt is definitely proof of use because they cannot be reset, but if this was used for 7-days prior to your receipt, it's kind of hard to revisit that now. It does appear to be the case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up a 2nd AS10 for Her that had 38 hours on it for a reasonable price but knew that at the time of the transaction. It is my travel CPAP. People return machines for a variety of reasons, however, the supplier owed you a truthful explanation when it was provided to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Periodic Breathing – is this cause for concern? cyrial 2 614 06-16-2023, 06:40 PM
Last Post: David Clark
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration showing up on OSCAR. Concern? IAmBleedingOut 4 1,071 04-11-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: IAmBleedingOut
  CSR, right? How much is a concern? Chinkapin 2 526 02-24-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Pulse Change SpO2 - Concern? galanidt 1 770 02-13-2022, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  concern about SP02 levels Snowy2020 24 2,381 10-12-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: kbauhs
Question [CPAP] New User Concern/Question ccbauer 10 2,409 06-09-2019, 09:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CSR Breathing Pattern Concern monkeybusiness 7 1,563 03-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.