Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A silly question about AHI numbers
RE: A silly question about AHI numbers
(12-21-2014, 04:51 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(12-21-2014, 04:30 PM)vcottom Wrote: You have the "go on the defensive" part right. I must have asked the wrong question because the answer was, "I'll be the doctor, and you be the patient."

WOW!!! I am afraid my response would have been, "You practice being the doctor and find someone else stupid enough to be your patient". Thumbs-down-1 Sad

Exactly!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ill keep this simple. If a DME is speaking about anything that can put a dime in their pocket they are lying. Other than being retailers of equipment they have very little interest or know how about Cpap. Much more interested in O2 Compressors and tanks etc that are pretty much charge deliver and forget.

Ive been told if I changed pressures insurance would stop paying. By the DME. They didnt. And in their own words care less who sets what as long as the compliance hours are met and the machine is helping and medically necessary.

Was also told the doc would stop treating me. Wrong again. After my two face to face visits for insurance purposes as far as Cpap the Doc was in the way anyway and I was tickled pink to not have to see him again.

Either line the DME out or get a new one and same with the Doc. I got the clinical manual with my machine they always hide and keep because I told the gal up front and showed her I could get in without it and do anything I wanted. So if she tried to lock my machine Id simply unlock it. I got both manuals.

Sometimes you have to hit a mule in the head with a board to get its attention

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2014, 04:30 PM)vcottom Wrote: You have the "go on the defensive" part right. I must have asked the wrong question because the answer was, "I'll be the doctor, and you be the patient."

WOW!!! I am afraid my response would have been, "You practice being the doctor and find someone else stupid enough to be your patient". Thumbs-down-1 Sad

My reply would have been "you're fired".
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2014, 08:35 PM)GeoffD Wrote:

My reply would have been "you're fired".

Mine would have been probably a bit more colorful in spite of myself but the "your fired" meaning would have gotten through Laugh-a-lot

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 324 3 hours ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 190 Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 2 116 04-14-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 186 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 399 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 645 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,073 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.