Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A simple way of tightening P10 headgear
A simple way of tightening P10 headgear
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since my last login. Hope all is well and that you all are winning the battle.

Here's a simple thing I did with my P10 headgear, after the straps became really loose, and soaking in hot water stopped doing the trick. As a result, my P10 pillows were not pressed tight against nostrils, and I started experiencing lots of air leaks throughout the night.

One solution is obviously buying a new mask, or at least a new headgear, the other one would be those strap clips. Frankly, I wasn't very happy with any of these options, pricing wise, so I tried something else, and it seems to be working just fine, at least for now.

I simply tied a knot at the end of one of the straps, shortening its length. Tried doing it on both at the same time, but then it was too short and way too tight. Here's a picture of what it looks like:

[Image: db637a947708114.jpg]

Much better fit, and leak rate is dramatically reduced.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A simple way of tightening P10 headgear
Hey, that's a good ideer, ppca!  I don't need it now but I know I will and I'm very skeptical about those sketchy little clips.

I've got very long hair so have some tiny rubber bands from hair supply stores that I think would work instead of a knot, which might offer more flexibility. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
when it stretches some more you can knot the second side. I had to take a 2 inch loop out of both straps to stay tight. the problem now is the strap ends that hook to the assembly pieces are coming apart and the headgear sometimes pulls off the assembly. to get the extra extra mile out of this thing I'm going to have to sew or glue it. maybe a croakie will work (or whatever those things that hold your glasses on are called)?
Post Reply Post Reply
Very clever!

I'm using the stupid clips right now. The fly off very easily.

I've thought I should just sew them tighter, or even use a safety pin.

The simplicity of the headgear is what I super duper love about the P10 (in addition to the quietness). So dealing with it as it stretches is way better than always dealing with bulky and cumbersome headgear like other masks have.
Post Reply Post Reply
As an alternative, a new headgear on Amazon is $21.00. If it starts falling apart, I'd do a reset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2018, 09:14 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: As an alternative, a new headgear on Amazon is $21.00.  If it starts falling apart, I'd do a reset.

Unfortunately, on Amazon Canada, the typical price is around $50 Canadian ($38 US roughly). They are really ripping us off here. That's the main reason I came up with this knot idea, for now. I know that eventually I'll have to buy a new one, but then I'll just go with the whole new P10 assembly (around $100 CAD).
Post Reply Post Reply
ppca :

Check with Cpap outlet .($36. can.)

Bag-head     snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info, snorybob. I should be fine with this "knotted" solution for some time, I hope, but the info is great for future reference.

Keep in mind that there would also be some shipping charge on top of that price, which may bring it closer to Amazon price. From what I saw very quickly checking the site, free shipping starts at $125.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Over tightening mask? Jskier 5 396 02-06-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,658 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 439 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 351 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 421 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 0 726 04-01-2023, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.