Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift LT
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: A sleeping timebomb
Quote:Violent/highly anxious dreams were only seen in patients at baseline. Word count was higher in patients than in controls. REM density was highest the first CPAP night. Severe OSAS patients recall dreams in REM sleep as often as controls, but their dreams have an increased emotional tone and are longer.

A lucid dream is not necessarily a violent dream. A lucid dream is one in which the dreamer is at least somewhat aware that he/she is dreaming and is often able to control the content or progress of the dream.

Google has a lot of interesting references to lucid dreaming.
10-01-2012 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Luv2Sleep Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 9 cm H2O
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Proud owner of a vintage Medical Industries America Sleepap C1000

Great thread here with some fascinating info.
And we thought it was JUST sleeping.....
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 02:05 PM by Luv2Sleep.)
10-05-2012 02:04 PM
genes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respronics Auto Cpap
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: Respronics
CPAP Pressure: 17 -20
CPAP Software: EncorePro

Other Comments:

Hello
I found these post very interesting. I need to read them in more detail.
The history said that Dr. Sullivan did his first experiment where he figured out Sleep Apnea in 1980. He then did some more experimenting and founded ResMed in 1989.

I wonder what the relationship was between Dr. Sullivan and Respironics?
I remember reading on the Respironics website that they had the first Commercial Cpap Machine starting in 1985, The Sleep Easy.

I knew that I had a problem in the early 80's and before. After a number of Doctors and Clinics and after my wife read an article describing sleep apnea she recorded my sleep apnea and took it to a new Clinic. I was then finally diagnosed with sleep apnea. I purchased a Respironics Sleep Easy in 1985 and started my treatment. I did not realize at the time that CPAP was in its very beginning stage and that I had the first Commercial Machine. I still have the sleep easy in my basement. It has a date on it of I think 2/8/1985 and a hand written serial number of 3,000 or so. I have a number of accessories which are interesting.

I can post some pictures and details of the Sleep Easy if there is an interest in Sleep Apnea History.

GeneS
10-07-2012 11:10 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(10-07-2012 11:10 PM)genes Wrote:  I remember reading on the Respironics website that they had the first Commercial Cpap Machine starting in 1985, The Sleep Easy.

I knew that I had a problem in the early 80's and before. After a number of Doctors and Clinics and after my wife read an article describing sleep apnea she recorded my sleep apnea and took it to a new Clinic. I was then finally diagnosed with sleep apnea. I purchased a Respironics Sleep Easy in 1985 and started my treatment. I did not realize at the time that CPAP was in its very beginning stage and that I had the first Commercial Machine. I still have the sleep easy in my basement. It has a date on it of I think 2/8/1985 and a hand written serial number of 3,000 or so. I have a number of accessories which are interesting.

I would hang onto that Sleep Easy. In another ten years or so it may gain value as a piece of history.

And pics would be cool. Maybe Apnea Board should create a page for the history of sleep apnea and its therapies. Your pics could be part of it. Smile
10-08-2012 12:13 AM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTrWutpMya8pNqmSLYb0t...-ZaU1ocVwA] [Image: vortexblower.jpg] ResMed first device
10-08-2012 12:44 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
genes Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respronics Auto Cpap
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: Respronics
CPAP Pressure: 17 -20
CPAP Software: EncorePro

Other Comments:

I am attaching two pictures of my SleepEasy dated Feb 8, 1985. It looks like the picture Zonk uploaded except mine has a large air intake with a cloth filter on the side. It first came with the circuit shown on Zonks post but was updated to I think the Sanders Circuit. If this upload works ok I can send pictures of the inside plus details on the circuits, masks etc.
The base machine is 16 1/2" H, 9 1/2"W, & 7 1/4" D, Weight 15 1/2 Lb.
I used a stand alone unheated humidifier with the unit. It had a single speed 110 Volt AC(Alternating Current) motor and the only control was the switch. It was either on or off. The user pressure was controlled by purchasing a mask calibrated to your prescription. I had several masks I guess so that I could experiment and see which worked best.

It wasn't quiet but the sound was pretty uniform so my wife said she didn't have a problem with it. It was like background noise to her.

It still works. A few years ago we were going somewhere where we needed to blow up air mattresses so I took along the SleepEasy and it did the job with power to spare.

GeneS

Ok. The picture upload is not working for me yet so pictures will come later.
10-08-2012 09:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Could Sleeping Pill During Test Cause False Apnea Diagnosis Violetskyye 20 1,042 09-23-2016 03:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Equipment] CPAP Quit while Sleeping kwhenrykerr 3 363 08-20-2016 05:00 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  AHI, leaks, sleeping on your side or back jxyzobrien 2 482 08-18-2016 05:20 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  sleep study: sleeping position storywizard 8 580 08-17-2016 11:34 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 2,715 08-13-2016 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Question How am I sleeping? thelister 10 822 08-01-2016 11:04 PM
Last Post: eviltim
  The IDEAL SpO2 while sleeping? TorontoCPAPguy 11 57,072 07-04-2016 09:44 PM
Last Post: pholynyk