Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A used airsense
A used airsense
I found someone local looking to sell a new unused airsense 10 cheap. They say it’s autoset. 

What do I look for on the machine to confirm it’s auto set? Anything else I should look for when powering it up?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A used airsense
It says right on the front that it's an autoset, if it is one.  See a photo of it at any of the online retailers.  The other thing you should do is find out run hours.

To do that, turn the machine on.  After it is on, hold down the home button and the big knob for about 8 seconds to get into the clinical mode.  Then go to settings and scroll down to the bottom where it says ABOUT. Click on that using the big knob. The machine run hours will be there.  Should be under 100 hours. If it has run hours, ask the seller if the user was a smoker. If a smoker uses it, you have to take it apart and replace the inner spongy thing because it holds that smoky smell.
Post Reply Post Reply
New and unused will have 0hrs runtime, There is no delivery runtime Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
So in case anyone is interested in the ending to this story it was indeed totally unused. I checked the menu and it said 0 hours used, was all wrapped in plastic and it does say autoset on the front.

There’s no SD card though. Does it take a regular SD card? Does it have to be formatted in a special way? I do have a couple laying around.

I know there are manuals and stuff on here. I’m going to grab a bite to eat and then look into how to set it up.

My current machine, which I don’t think is keeping pressure, is set to 11. So, not sure what to set this at, 8 to 15?

Must eat...
Post Reply Post Reply
Just use any SD card larger than 2GB delete everything off it, then insert into the Autoset. If your used to a fixed pressure of 11 I would set your start pressure as 9 any less and you may feel airstarved I would leave the max pressure at 20 the machine will only go there if it needs to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, this is one of the main reasons I want to replace my old cpap machine. I don’t believe it’s keeping pressure.

When I upped it from 10 to 11 I felt better but after a week or so I was back to having problems headaches, dizziness, exhaustion.

And while my checks do puff up with air sometimes I really don’t feel the pressure. I have to pull the mask away from my face to hear the air to know it’s even on. So either I’m REALLY used to the pressure or it’s not accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to setup your new Autoset in Autoset mode. Use a minimum pressure of 7 and maximum pressure of 14, set EPR to 2, and call me in the morning. Your new results should be fantastic.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is only EPR On and off on my machine. I had to turn it off. I must be a very heavy breather or something because I would get these blasts of air that would push the mask off. It woke me up several times last night.

Myair gave me a rating of 81 with 5.9 events per hour. I gotta admit I didn’t wake up feeling fabulous. I’m going to take a nap and see how it is with the epr off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you found a new machine. Now to get it set up properly...
MyAir is ok for a quick look, but you really should consider setting up the free OSCAR software.

We don’t really know what your old machine was doing and if that pressure of 11 was correct for you.

Once you have OSCAR up and running, insert your SD card in the computer. We need to see what the breakdown of your AHI is, if it’s more obstructive or hypopneas or clear airway before advising.

Also check the median and 90% pressure reading, and set your pressure range accordingly. We will help you once you can post some data here.

Don’t forget to order the Clinicians manual for your machine.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, there will need to be some adjustments.

OK wait Oscar? I thought sleepyhead was the software to go for? And yes I know it’s no longer being worked on.

Does Oscar do the same thing sleepyhead does? I’m away from my computer so i’ll Have to look at it later.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,188 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,633 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,494 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,117 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,415 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,755 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.