Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A used airsense
RE: A used airsense
I’m on my phone and the edit feature isn’t very iPhone friendly. 

I see it’s a. E tension of sleepyhead. I’ll download it when I get home.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is the product that is being worked on.  We have made several changes already, granted only minor ones so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I downloaded OSCAR and imported my data. The thing is I'm not really sure what most of it means. I'm familiar with some of the data. My AHI is 11.43.

What concerns me, but isn't exactly surprising to me, is the second half of my sleep.

So, I have odd sleeping patterns. I stay up way later than I should, get woken up early in the morning by my cats who want breakfast, and then I go back to sleep for a few hours. Those last few hours seem to have some high numbers. For the five hours I sleep straight through my pressure is around 14.31. But from 8:30am to 10am my pressure goes from 10 to 19.57. And from 9 to 10 my AHI shoots from 6 to 46.67.

Now I should mention that I made some changes to the settings. When I went to sleep I had set the minimum pressure at 10. Yes I know that's not what was recommended but that's what my old machine was set at.
I'm almost positive my old machine was not giving me the pressure it was set at because 10 on the Airsense felt way higher than my old machine. I also had the EPR on. I must be a very heavy breather because it was like the pressure was turning off and then pounding me when it came back on. It made it very difficult for me to sleep. I had also turned the ramp time down to 5 minutes because I didn't have any ramp time on my old machine.

When I tried to get back to sleep after feeding my cats it was just too much for me, I couldn't do it the way the machine was set. So I reset the ramp time to 20 minutes starting at 4, I turned off the EPR and I reset the minimum pressure to 8. That was much better but I still had trouble getting back to sleep. I must have fallen asleep for a while but then I got woken up for an unscheduled Mother's day lunch.

I'm hoping things will go better tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you attach a chart to your post we can probably identify the problem and suggest some fixes. I suspect that your apnea are appearing in clusters. Take a look at the positional apnea article in the Optimizing Therapy wiki...look familar? http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Front of machine will say Autoset on it
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,624 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,482 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,114 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,407 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,748 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.