Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A year later & still not happy with the numbers
RE: A year later & still not happy with the numbers
(02-22-2017, 11:29 PM)Beej Wrote: Just 2 quick checks/ideas
1 - do you sleep on your back, or your side? Some folks with obstructive events who sleep on their backs find those events may be reduced considerably by sleeping on the side. A bolstering pillow or wedge may help with this.
2 - do you tuck your chin down towards your chest when sleeping? Some folks have found that makes the apnea worse. A cervical collar or neck pillow may help prevent this.

I've sleep on my side. And I've raised the head of my bed. Raising the head of the bed was because I have GERD & with the cpap & bipap I was getting terribly bloated. Raising the bed made no difference but I kept it raised. I've not tried the collar or pillow but I'm game for anything at this point. Ty for the ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought I posted this earlier........ hmm? Anyway, last night was horrible. I woke with a stuffy nose & horrible headache. I don't know if that's why my AHI was so high. I  changed my EPAP to 8 a few days ago. So far I don't see a difference. However I'm still trying to figure out how to read the graphs.  
 [Image: vOJETvxl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think some of this info may be needed to help me figure out what's going on. I can't hide the pie graph for some reason.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
joyced490,
Please review "Organize your SleepyHead Charts" my link below to better display the needed data.

Also, you can turn off the mask pressure graph since it takes anyway from other graphs needed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Joyced, if you have the results of your most recent titration study, it would help a lot to see what the finding are there. Obviously you have a large amount of obstructive apnea. Normally the correct response to that is to increase EPAP. If we go that route, we are also going to have to move the maximum pressure and maximum IPAP to 25 in order to leave room for the pressure support needed to cause a breath. I'd like to see any of the study information that might be available before suggesting an EPAP min of 10.0. and IPAP max of 25. The other possibility we have seen is that high pressure actually may induce OA, so it may be we need to start the EPAP much lower, but your study results should help us to know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so frustrated right now. I can't figure out how to get the graphs to show the way you all are telling me. And I just spoke to my Dr's office & they said that they can't change the settings. They're as high as the go. I say BS! I don't have the titration study. I'm not even sure how to get it. Maybe I just needed to vent. I've had 3 machines & 3, 4 counting the one I did at home, studies. And I'm still miserable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe we can do something other than raise pressure. Sometimes I see clusters of obstructive apnea are the result of letting your chin drop towards your chest or another posture that cuts off the airway. If you think that may be a possibility a soft cervical collar or ergonomic pillow that supports your neck may help. Since soft foam collars are under $10, it might be worth a try. Look at the drug store or walmart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 01:22 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Maybe we can do something other than raise pressure.  Sometimes I see clusters of obstructive apnea are the result of letting your chin drop towards your chest or another posture that cuts off the airway.  If you think that may be a possibility a soft cervical collar or ergonomic pillow that supports your neck may help. Since soft foam collars are under $10, it might be worth a try.  Look at the drug store or walmart.

Ty so much. I'm going to try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the following will help you understand a bit more about adjusting the Sleepyhead displays.

These are some of Sleepyhead's function keys which control what you view:

F4 - Statistics - takes you to the statistics page
F5 - Daily - takes you to the daily graphs
F6 - Overview - takes you to the overall view

These next 2 are toggles - Each time you use it if flips to the opposite of what was showing.

F8 - Daily Sidebar - turns off/on the daily sidebar 
The view starts with the sidebar displayed. Use F8 and it will turn off. Use it again, and the sidebar will turn on.

F9 - Daily Calendar- turns off/on the calendar
The view starts with the Calendar displayed. Use F8 and it will turn off. Use it again, and the Calendar will turn back on.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
You have the right to copies of your sleep study, that's covered by HIPAA.
Call or visit whatever doc did the studies and ask for copies.
Most will give with no issues.
If they give you BS simply say in a pleasant tone that you have the right to them
under HIPAA federal law and would like a copy.
I doubt you will have to test the point but if they are stubborn doing that will get you what you need.
Pleasant tone, firm attitude, smile.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 119 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,623 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 307 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 800 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.