Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 Apnea Recoring Between P10 and Dreamwear Masks
Question 
A10 Apnea Recoring Between P10 and Dreamwear Masks
I regularly use both of these masks with the A10.  Therefore, I have accumulated enough data to see that there are slight differences in recording apneas between the two masks as my data suggests.  OAs > Hyp on P10s.  Hyp > OAs on Dreamwear.  Is this unique to my data or have others noted similar results.  If so, anyone have any theories for why this might be?  Yes, I do recognize that the setting on the A10 for Dreamwear is Nasal and for the P10s Pillows but is that the easy explanation and if so, why?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 Apnea Recoring Between P10 and Dreamwear Masks
Yes, I use the P10 and the F&P Brevida and have had similar differences. My AHI is normally less than .6 with the P10, but the Brevida will give better results. I am also able to handle leaks better with the Brevida, I dont know how to correlate that to AHI though. Both are treated the same as pillows on my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
silversnore - I don't really a notice a difference in total AHI between the two masks I listed like you report in the difference between your masks. The curiosity is the difference in OAs vs Hypops in the total AHI count. Can't figure that out.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I generally do not have hypopneas.  Mostly obstructive and clear airway, with a hypopnea mixed in once in a while.  I really never thought that strange, is it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not familiar with your machine or your machine-mask combo to answer that one. Perhaps someone who uses your machine can comment on the lack of hypops with the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 293 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.