Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off?
A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off?
I hate the way the screen is basically unreadable when the lights are off.
It defies logic the have it always dark when the room is dark, and bright when the room is bright. No option... What idiot engineer designed that piece of genius? I know what flawed logic they used, but for me, I want to look at it in the dark, so it forces me to turn a bright light on.

Please tell me someone knows how to trick the sensor...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off?
I understand what you mean. It is hard to read at night.

The light sensor is just a basic photoresistor. They usually decrease in resistance the more light you add.

[Image: photoresistor.jpg]

You can either tape a small LED to the light sensor here

[Image: airsense-10-autoset_lightsensor.jpg]

or you'll need to open it up and measure the resistance across the sensor in normal daylight and hook up a resistor close to that value. Current follows the path of least resistance and the sensor will have higher resistance at night, higher than the resistor you are putting in place of it. It may work by just shorting it but that could be bad for the circuit.

Down side to this is it will also take longer for the screen to go dark at night.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
"The light sensor is just a basic photoresistor" have you opened it up and KNOW for sure this is what they are using and its not a photo diode/transistor or even an IC sensor.

The brightness steps to off and is not linear so my guess is that the light sensor and the display backlight have the micro in between and what you are describing will not work and could cause damage.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps true. Only one way to find out.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, it is pretty limited. However, what I do when I wake up at night and disconnect the hose, I turn my iphone torch on and shine it on the machine. It thinks its daylight and you have full brightness for a short time or until you connect up again.

cheers
James
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a small, cheap, night-lite, shielded a bit to minimize spillover light around the room, could be placed near the photocell and simply plugged into a small extension cord. Aluminum foil will serve as a light shield.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,073 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 471 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,294 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  UARS/FL (PLMS): Yellow/R Lights For So Many Lingering Folks_“Is Bilevel the Answer?" mper6794 107 16,118 06-22-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,100 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Does AirMini app have a histogram screen? tfield98 5 1,063 11-15-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Brentjackson
  Why is my screen stuck in therapy mode? BobbieM 0 621 08-16-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: BobbieM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.