Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 Temp. Solution for Humidifier Noise
A10 Temp. Solution for Humidifier Noise
I have intermittently had to put up with a very loud whistling sort of noise on inhales and exhales with my AirSense 10. I used to just pop out the humidifier and then pop it back in again - which had to be repeated numerous times, sometimes upwards of a 5-10 minute ordeal, just to get rid of the noise. I have read here on this forum that ResMed is aware that there is a design flaw in the tank.

Seeing I have been over 2300 km (or over 1400 miles) from home since early January, I have not been able to do anything about fixing my A10 humidifier tank.

I have found a temporary solution to this in case anyone else is having this problem.

I apply a small bit of water all around the rubber seal of the lid of the humidifier, close it and reinsert it into the machine. I'm guessing the little bit of water just helps the seal adhere.

It's worked every time for me when the loud 'whistling' sound happens which is luckily not every night.

So hopefully this is helpful to others with this same problem until a more permanent solution has been achieved.

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 Temp. Solution for Humidifier Noise
I have one on the way and i am hoping i don't have this issue. I have seen some people say that Resmed has new seals. Not sure if those are the same seals or the ones inside the machine. I asked in another thread and didn't get an answer. From what I have read it is a known issue that was resolved.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 Temp. Solution for Humidifier Noise
You could try a food grade silicone grease like the scuba divers use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,262 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study and no solution? CChelios445 3 246 03-03-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.