Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 Time Incorrect...Changing Loses Data?
A10 Time Incorrect...Changing Loses Data?
The time is not set correctly on my A10. It says in the instructions on this site that "Be sure to set the correct time before starting a patient. If you set time and date after you may lose patient data."

If I remove the data card and then change the time will I be OK?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 Time Incorrect...Changing Loses Data?
You can't set the clock for a time that is earlier than the machine data time from last therapy session unless you first do a reset which deletes that data from the machine.

However, if you're simply adjusting the clock by a few minutes and you do it during the day so that you're not setting a time that is earlier than your last therapy setting then no problem. The only problem is for instance trying to set the date or clock back in time to such a degree that you are in essence trying to set a time that is earlier than last therapy setting. the issue should normally not be a problem if you are just adjusting the clock for a few minutes of clock drift.

If you are ever changing the hour back for the fall time change just do the clock change during the day so you aren't interfering with therapy data that's already recorded on the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 12:21 PM)player Wrote: The time is not set correctly on my A10. It says in the instructions on this site that "Be sure to set the correct time before starting a patient. If you set time and date after you may lose patient data."

If I remove the data card and then change the time will I be OK?

Removing the card doesn't matter, but it isn't a bad idea to make a copy of your SD card into your PC every so often anyway.

How far is it off? If it's an hour or two, just turn the machine off normally in the morning, then reset the clock to what you need before you go to bed.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's slow by 67 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, wait to do it until about the time you go to bed.

What the instructions are saying is if the clock says it is 11 but it is 10, you can't set it back to 10 or you lose that hour's worth of data. Used to, you couldn't set it back if there was any data there at all. The A10 must have changed that. Even if you need to go ahead, like it says 11 but it is really 12:07, I'd still wait until it is several hours away from the last time you used the machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 02:52 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yeah, wait to do it until about the time you go to bed.

What the instructions are saying is if the clock says it is 11 but it is 10, you can't set it back to 10 or you lose that hour's worth of data. Used to, you couldn't set it back if there was any data there at all. The A10 must have changed that. Even if you need to go ahead, like it says 11 but it is really 12:07, I'd still wait until it is several hours away from the last time you used the machine.

That's the key. Even my S9 behaves nicely when I do the autumnal 1 hour setback; I do it on Saturday afternoon before the official time change.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 02:52 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yeah, wait to do it until about the time you go to bed.

As far as I know, you've always been able to set the time back, even on S9's, as long as there's no data after the time you are trying to set it to.

i.e. Turn the machine off for 10 hours, and you can turn the clock back 9 hours and 59 minutes, but not for 10 hours and 1 minute.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 207 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 618 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 807 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.