Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10-auto for her VS PR Remstar Auto a-Flex System One??
Arrow 
A10-auto for her VS PR Remstar Auto a-Flex System One??
I'm looking for anyone who owns either of these machines to give me their honest impressions of quality, use ability and overall opinions on which one they like better and would buy because of??

i have read some threads on the A10 with issues like noise, off on button, water tanks, etc. but then I hear others who say they love it!

Would you buy the A10 For Her again if you had the chance to buy new again? Which would you pick?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10-auto for her VS PR Remstar Auto a-Flex System One??
Hi,

I was only recently diagnosed with OSA and am a 47 yo male..

Had the PRS1 Aflex for first 3 weeks under rent, then A10 for her for the last week ...
I ended up buying A10 for him.

PRS1 with Aflex is a great unit with lots of reporting features, it was also a quiet machine.
A10 for her was also a great machine, also quiet.
Both great machines, both work great, the A10 looks more modern with a colour screen and the design.

I bought the A10 for him because I didn't know about "RERA" in the "for her" model.
In retrospect probably would have gone for the A10 for her.

But .. saying that ... both machines do exactly the same job.
PRS1 takes 12V in straight, great for camping / traveling, A10 needs a special DC/DC converter at US$100.

So..
quietness - about the same / both very quiet , PRS1 had a lower pitch noise / A10 slightly higher pitch
usability - both very easy to use and mess with clinical menus, both record data on the SD card
connectivity - A10 has a built in cellular modem, don't know if it would work in Canada ( it doesn't work for me in Australia )
- my PRS1 didn't have anything like that, don't know if they do have a app to monitor your sleep remotely..
size - A10 slightly smaller

I chose A10 because of looks but don't have long term usage history with either units.
Post Reply Post Reply
In truth, everyone will have a different experience and expectations with every machine - it depends on your sensitivities. I would ask if there is a chance to test drive both before choosing, since it really is going to depend on your own quirks and perceptions.

I haven't used the A10 yet, but I have used the s9 from which it was developed, and do use the PRS1. When each machine is functioning well, they are about the same in terms of quietness (the s9 made a bit of an odd noise at the end of an exhalation, a sort of quiet hiccough) and ease of use - the dearth of reporting information of the s9 was addressed in the A10 for Her, which now reports more or less as detailed as the PRS1. Both run quietly and both will give you a good treatment. All machines vibrate to some extent, so the easiest way to reduce machine nose is to fold a towel under it, as much of the noise is actually transmitted noise from the machine's operations through to whatever it is resting on, but the blowers tend to be nicely quiet today.

The A10 has a smaller footprint than the PRS1, but only by a little, so it is not a real factor unless you travel a lot with it, although in that respect the PRS1 is more robust and easier to use, as it does not require a separate converter.

Wireless transmission is only something of use if you need it (it is not for home use,really, but to remotely inform your doc of compliance), I have never needed it - I take my card out once a week and dump the data to Sleepyhead on my computer, other wise a real quick look at the on-screen menu to tell me hours slept, 90% pressure and AHI is all I need, and colour really doesn't matter to me. It may to you. The PSR1 uses a daisy-wheel knob to access all functions, which is very fast compared to the s9 and it's button based menu, but i think again the A10 addressed that issue as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the AirSense 10 autoset but it has been the only machine I have used so I cannot compare. It was recently replaced, due to a cell modem malfunction, and these newer models record Rera. Someone else was stating his AirSense recorded Rera and he acquired it back in May if I remember correctly.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only used the PR System One APAP and have no problems with it. The machine is quiet and easy to use.
Never used the ResMed AirSense 10, but it seems popular.

If you are able to trial both machines, that would be the only way you will know what your prefer.

I've only been on APAP for a little over 8 months, so don't know what I would choose if I had to buy again. I'm sure there will be a whole new breed of machines in 5 years when I buy new. Wink
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 12:05 AM)Kakkles Wrote: I'm looking for anyone who owns either of these machines to give me their honest impressions of quality, use ability and overall opinions on which one they like better and would buy because of??

i have read some threads on the A10 with issues like noise, off on button, water tanks, etc. but then I hear others who say they love it!

Would you buy the A10 For Her again if you had the chance to buy new again? Which would you pick?

Thanks

Hi Kakkles...I have the A10 autoset..I got it May this year and I love it. It does identify RERA, I think the newer machines do...I don't know why all the A10 autosets don't cause it seems to be in the software and you'd think a software update would fix the ones that don't. I did get the climate line and love the fact that it swivels at the back of the machine when connected...I think it's the only one that does that ( I could be wrong about that but I don't think I am ) the machine is very quiet. Set at level 3 humitiy and climate line temp at 72 degrees the humidifier uses about 1/4 to 1/3 of a tank of water over the night. I think it depends on ambient humity as to how much water it will use but here in Ohio right now that's what it's using...I think all machines have there pros and cons...just remember one mans treasure is another mans trash...lol
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone! I will try to see if I can trial the A10. But thinking they won't as when I first got this machine I asked forA10 and tech said none here to trial.
And true, what one person like another may dislike! Good point!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 06:53 AM)sleepybeaver Wrote: I did get the climate line and love the fact that it swivels at the back of the machine when connected...I think it's the only one that does that ( I could be wrong about that but I don't think I am )

That's a good point. The hose port is in the back on the AirSense 10. My night table has a raised back and that limits where I can position this unit. It's not really a "con" because I like it better than having the hose come off the top. If you had a normal bedside table it wouldn't be an issue unless you wanted the unit pushed all the way back, close to the wall.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

My night table is a fair size and has no back. I find the PR System One big and it takes up 1/2 my night table. I like the idea of a smaller machine.

So hard to choose....new doesnt always mean better.

(07-18-2015, 09:11 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 06:53 AM)sleepybeaver Wrote: I did get the climate line and love the fact that it swivels at the back of the machine when connected...I think it's the only one that does that ( I could be wrong about that but I don't think I am )

That's a good point. The hose port is in the back on the AirSense 10. My night table has a raised back and that limits where I can position this unit. It's not really a "con" because I like it better than having the hose come off the top. If you had a normal bedside table it wouldn't be an issue unless you wanted the unit pushed all the way back, close to the wall.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 12:05 AM)Kakkles Wrote: I'm looking for anyone who owns either of these machines to give me their honest impressions of quality, use ability and overall opinions on which one they like better and would buy because of??

Thanks

I have the Air Sense 10 auto set for her and love it. I would buy it again without thought to any other machine out there. I have had mine for nearly 6 months and have not had one problem with it. It is almost silent and the female algorithm is really gentle. It has no trouble keeping time with my natural breathing. The only thing I don't like is the display lights can't be programmed to stay on longer. This is my opinion about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,189 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,333 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.