Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10-auto for her VS PR Remstar Auto a-Flex System One??
RE: A10-auto for her VS PR Remstar Auto a-Flex System One??
thank you for the input!good to hear positive results with it. Smile

(07-19-2015, 01:05 AM)Adoniscmj Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 12:05 AM)Kakkles Wrote: I'm looking for anyone who owns either of these machines to give me their honest impressions of quality, use ability and overall opinions on which one they like better and would buy because of??

i have read some threads on the A10 with issues like noise, off on button, water tanks, etc. but then I hear others who say they love it!

Would you buy the A10 For Her again if you had the chance to buy new again? Which would you pick?

Thanks

I have the Air Sense 10 auto set for her and love it. I would buy it again without thought to any other machine out there. I have had mine for nearly 6 months and have not had one problem with it. It is almost silent and the female algorithm is really gentle. It has no trouble keeping time with my natural breathing. The only thing I don't like is the display lights can't be programmed to stay on longer. This is my opinion about it.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had my Air sense 10 autoset for her for one night and despite the fact that it had damage (circuit board) it was dead silent. I've been using a loaner Resprionics 560 and it is also silent. I WAS using a used Resmed S9 (and hopefully finding a replacement as my backup). Another quiet machine.

Possibly because RERA is my primary problem, the Resprionics auto algorithm has not been as helpful to me as the Resmed one. I went in assuming it would be similar (both machines track RERA) but after a week and a half, I gave it up and switched to straight cpap mode on my loaner. I have vision problems and find the Resmed products way easier for reading the display.

For Resprionics, the hose port is on the top with a swivel. Less likely to tip the machine. I really like this feature. This machine also has a mask off alert, which may be useful. Most of all, if you want cheap battery backup in case of power failure or camping, the Resprionics has less costly solutions.

Neither of the products are handicap friendly if you have severe arthritis in your hands, your hands shake, fingertips lack feeling or if you can't bend easily. I also think if you have very large hands/fingers, you will have trouble with the Respironics humidifier. My brother is unable to get the basin out of the humidifier so I have to do it for him. I had to mark my brother's machine with a Sharpie because I could not see the line to fill. I'll have to do the same when I get my replacement Airsense for Her.

If you don't have the RERA issue (and the 560 does track them), then I think you would be happy with either machine. It's frustrating that you can't try both machines to make a decision. Get the heated hose feature on the humidifier for the Resprionics. It doesn't come standard.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your response. I know, I wish I could try the A10...i am going to ask again so fingers crossed. I don't mind the PR System One except I find the screen hard to read unless I stand up, cant just see it from my bed....and its kinda bulky..takes up half my night stand, and I need room for other things too.
Good to hear some positive things about the A10. Lots of not so great things have been in threads.

Have a good day!Smile

(07-19-2015, 11:20 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: I had my Air sense 10 autoset for her for one night and despite the fact that it had damage (circuit board) it was dead silent. I've been using a loaner Resprionics 560 and it is also silent. I WAS using a used Resmed S9 (and hopefully finding a replacement as my backup). Another quiet machine.

Possibly because RERA is my primary problem, the Resprionics auto algorithm has not been as helpful to me as the Resmed one. I went in assuming it would be similar (both machines track RERA) but after a week and a half, I gave it up and switched to straight cpap mode on my loaner. I have vision problems and find the Resmed products way easier for reading the display.

For Resprionics, the hose port is on the top with a swivel. Less likely to tip the machine. I really like this feature. This machine also has a mask off alert, which may be useful. Most of all, if you want cheap battery backup in case of power failure or camping, the Resprionics has less costly solutions.

Neither of the products are handicap friendly if you have severe arthritis in your hands, your hands shake, fingertips lack feeling or if you can't bend easily. I also think if you have very large hands/fingers, you will have trouble with the Respironics humidifier. My brother is unable to get the basin out of the humidifier so I have to do it for him. I had to mark my brother's machine with a Sharpie because I could not see the line to fill. I'll have to do the same when I get my replacement Airsense for Her.

If you don't have the RERA issue (and the 560 does track them), then I think you would be happy with either machine. It's frustrating that you can't try both machines to make a decision. Get the heated hose feature on the humidifier for the Resprionics. It doesn't come standard.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,620 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,257 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,335 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.