Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 autoset software update to include for her settings
RE: A10 autoset software update to include for her settings
Do they both react in one breath as the for her does, or will the a10 for "him" only react in 3 breaths?

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 10:55 PM)player Wrote: Do they both react in one breath as the for her does, or does the a10 for "him" react in 3 breaths?

Even though they both track RERA data, the machines behave differently.

The For-Her model has an additional setting that the standard model does not have. So, the For-Her model can operate in standard mode or it can operate in For-Her mode. Near as I can figure, this setting governs how aggressively the machine ramps pressure back down following an event.

I don't know how to tell if they are responding on one breath versus three breaths. Based on just one night of using the For-Her myself, the For-Her mode seems to decrease pressure much more gently following an event. The ramp up for both machines seems comparable, and it's the ramp down that seems to be more gradual on the For-Her.

In my case I could not tell the difference from behind the mask while alseep.

It's only in looking at the data that I observed the different behavior. See graphs below, and note these were two different nights and so they do not represent side by side comparison of the same sleep session but rather two nights of data for the same person.

That's my observation based on a very unscientific one-night experiment using the For-Her machine on myself versus another night using my own standard machine.

Saldus Miegas

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 12:51 AM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: That's my observation based on a very unscientific one-night experiment using the For-Her machine on myself versus another night using my own standard machine.

Saldus Miegas
Hi SaldusMiegas
Did you use the same pressure range, Ramp, and EPR on both nights?
Do you mind posting flow limitation, snore, events, and leak graphs for both nights
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I posted this on another thread. As far as I can tell the for her reacts at 1 problem breath and moves up 2.5 cmwp, the other after 3 and moves up 3 cmwp. The for her can do the regular as well. This is from a reseller's site:

For Her Algorithm

One of the most innovative features of the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her is the algorithm developed for women and the manner in which OSA affects them. A standard algorithm responds after 3 flow limited breaths and will move up by as much as 3 cmwp. The For Her algorithm responds after just 1 flow limited breath and will move up by as much as 2.5 cmwp. If needed the algorithm setting can be changed to the standard AutoSetAutoSet™ algorithm version.

Also available from ResMed is the AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier. It offers only the standard AutoSet™ for auto-adjusting the delivered pressure in a black machine. All other features are the same as the For Her version.

Post Reply Post Reply
I guess we might have to dig a little deeper. My Canadian AirSense 10 AutoSet (delivered in February this year) has catalogue # REF 37028, and device # DN 674. I'm wondering if those have changed for the machines which report RERA. If they changed, then we probably won't get any updates to older machines.
BTW, does anybody have any idea what the CX # represents? It shows up in the front About display.

Why do manufacturers always update product two months after I take delivery? Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess would be the CX number is related to the cellular modem it uses to phone home to the mother ship at resmed galactic headquarters.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 08:17 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I guess we might have to dig a little deeper. My Canadian AirSense 10 AutoSet (delivered in February this year) has catalogue # REF 37028, and device # DN 674. I'm wondering if those have changed for the machines which report RERA. If they changed, then we probably won't get any updates to older machines.
BTW, does anybody have any idea what the CX # represents? It shows up in the front About display.

Why do manufacturers always update product two months after I take delivery? Sad

My A10 AutoSet purchased in April 2015 has the same REF # 37028, but the DN # is 886.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2015, 02:28 AM)zonk Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 12:51 AM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: That's my observation based on a very unscientific one-night experiment using the For-Her machine on myself versus another night using my own standard machine.

Saldus Miegas
Hi SaldusMiegas
Did you use the same pressure range, Ramp, and EPR on both nights?
Do you mind posting flow limitation, snore, events, and leak graphs for both nights
Thanks

zonk,

Here goes...

Saldus Miegas

Standard... pressure range = 8-20, Ramp = OFF, and EPR = Full time @ 2cmH2O
[Image: JV7VV4Nl.png]

For-Her... pressure range = 4-20, Ramp = OFF, and EPR = Full time @ 2cmH2O
[Image: DN2G85Kl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 112 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 126 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 189 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 421 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 284 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,200 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 624 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.