Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 error- tubing blocked check your tubing
A10 error- tubing blocked check your tubing
I am using a Airsense10 auto without humidifier. I have had a stuffed up nose and have had the machine stop with the message “tubing blocked check your tubing”. It has only happen when I’ve been using the Airfit P10 mask.

Last night I slept for 7+ hours with my Swift fx nasal mask and the same slimline tube. My nose was a lot better as well .

I had cleaned the little holes on the P10 prior to the last time I got the error.

I suspect it was just the combination between blocked nose and P10. Maybe the little holes got blocked with nose stuff.

Open to any ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 error- tubing blocked check your tubing
Is the machine set to the right kind of mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2016, 06:52 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Is the machine set to the right kind of mask?

One of the first things I checked. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I got this same error message when I was trying to tame rainout issues. Keep an eye out for condensation in your tubing. If that's an issue there are plenty of ways to address it. Just come back here and suggestions will abound.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Ummm. I doubt that I ought to suggest this, but -- with non-allergic rhinitis, my nose is *always* rather clogged up, for no reason. But since I liked the smallness of the AirFit P10 better than my Swift LT (or something like that) -- I poke a knife through my AirFit P10 mesh as soon as I get it. 4 or 5 slits, each 1/8" long (just the tip of the knife), and it now has the same throughput that my older Swift nasal pillows had.

So, for the shorter time period of a cold -- do you have an old P10 mask that you could modify as an experiment?

Anyway, it works for me. Use my suggestion at your own risk! (Which is why I tried it on an older mask first.)
Post Reply Post Reply
The mesh is, of course, the mask vent. When new and clean it is supposed to vent air a a specified rate for a given pressure.
ResMed recommends cleaning the mesh with a soft bristle brush; I would assume like a toothbrush.

Modifying the mesh with slits may change the vent rate (which I assume is the intent if the mesh is clogged.)
Although the slits may ensure adequate flushing of expelled CO2, this modification may go too far the other way.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for the reply's .
I do prefer the the p10 over the fx but don't think I'll put any slits in it at this stage. One of the things I like about the p10 is it's venting is less intense.
I think rain out is part of the problem. Even without the humidifier, being winter here I notice some rain out in my mask . I think I'll try a hose cover next.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did they give you the heated hose? That's supposed to prevent rain-out. (Since I don't use humidity, I can't speak to its efficacy.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2016, 05:58 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: Did they give you the heated hose? That's supposed to prevent rain-out. (Since I don't use humidity, I can't speak to its efficacy.)

I don't use a humidifier so when I ordered my machine I didn't get the upgrade to the heated hose.
This is my first winter with the a10 . The Resmart apap machine never cared about much, except ahi, leak, snore & compliance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you don't have a climate line hose your hose cover should tame the rain out issue and you should no longer get that error message.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.