Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 leaks comparison; machine, myAir, and Rescan
A10 leaks comparison; machine, myAir, and Rescan
I have an A10 CPAP (brick) that I am trying to compare the different reports and I am getting apples and donuts for leak values.

The machine report shows 13L/min.,
and MyAir shows 'Mask Seal' 0 L/min.,
but then ResScan shows 3.6 L/min.

Another night I get 11, 0, 14.40 all in L/min.

I do not see any relationship to EPH or AHI that might explain this.
Anyone else see this type of discrepancy in their numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 leaks comparison; machine, myAir, and Rescan
MyAir is not reliable. No one except ResMed/MyAir really knows what data it downloads or how it interprets it. Other than the occasional "You've earned a gold badge" email, I see no point in it. My opinion, I know some people really like it so no dig on them. I would trust Sleepyhead and ResScan over it. As for the discrepancy between SleepyHead and ResScan, that may be due to the machine you have. SH may not fully support it since it is a "brick" and I am guessing at SH's support for it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
btw -

Welcome
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I use both ResScan and Sleepyhead and have looked at the leak statistics variation between the two a lot. I am of the very firm opinion that ResScan throws out some high values that they identify somehow as fliers. I think that Sleepyhead reports exactly what the machine gives it. My guess is that the machine and Sleepyhead probably report the same statistics but I have not checked that and it may depend on the generation of the machine.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It may also have something to do with what is being reported - is it the 70% leak rate, the 90% or the 95%? When I look at my data through various programs including MyAir, SH, ResScan, and U-Sleep, I am usually able to account for the discrepencies in the data when I look at it at the various percentiles.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

sonicboom is correct. The leak value displayed on myAir is the 70th percentile for the sleep session
The leak value displayed on the AirSense 10 sleep report screen is the 95th percentile for the sleep. This would mean both of the values displayed on myAir and your machines sleep report are correct.
The above interpretation was given by Resmed when I had the same query.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2016, 04:11 PM)rem52 Wrote: I have an A10 CPAP (brick) that I am trying to compare the different reports and I am getting apples and donuts for leak values.

The machine report shows 13L/min.,
and MyAir shows 'Mask Seal' 0 L/min.,
but then ResScan shows 3.6 L/min.
The machine's report is the 95% Leak rate. If the machine reports the leak as 13 L/min, that means that for 95% of the night your leak rate was AT or BELOW 13 L/min.

The MyAir "Mask Seal" number: I've looked on-line and I can find no information about how this number is computed, but I'm willing to take sonicboom at his word and say this is the 70% leak rate. A 70% leak rate = 0 means that for at least 70% of the night there was no detectable excess leak. This is the standard that has to be met for Mr. Green Smiley Face to show up on the S9's LCD. I don't know if the A10 has a similar Mr. Green Smiley Face/Mr. Red Frowny Face icon or not.

The ResScan number most likely is the arithmetical average or mean leak rate. Mathematically it's quite possible for the average of a set of data to be larger than the 70% for the data set: All it takes is a little bit of outlier data in the form of a relatively large maximum value.

Quote:Another night I get 11, 0, 14.40 all in L/min.
Again, the 11 from the machine is your 95% leak rate. For 95% of the night your leak rate was AT or BELOW 11 L/min

The 0 from myAir is the 70% leak rate. For 70% of the night your leak rate was 0 L/min. In other words, for at least 70% of the night the machine detected no excess leak

And if I had to speculate, I'd guess that you wound up focusing on the either average or maximum leak rate in ResScan. It's possible for the mathematical average of a set of leak data to be larger than the 95% if there's a short lived maximum leak that is quite a bit bigger than the 95% leak rate.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the delayed Gratis - I just went back and found your replies.

The percentile differences make sense and reduce the problem from apples and qumquats
to Johnathon vice Granny Smith. I can grok that explanation.

Thanks all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just figured out something else.
The last few items on the report on the machine display;
days used, total hours, leaks, and AHI...
all appear to be a 30 day total or average.

My leaks number went up very slowly,
and is now going back down very slowly.
My AHI hardly ever changes though my EPH does.

Clear as mud!
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change that on most Airsense 10. Not sure about your brick but it is found in the sleep report screen. Scroll down to Period and you can change it to 1 day, 1 week, 1 month (default), 3 months, 6 months, 1 year.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 138 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 182 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 158 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Rescan software v 5.9 SteveC 7 991 09-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 660 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn
  RESCAN V7.0 MAULE-N9008E 8 2,657 10-13-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: JT60
  Rescan V7 download issue newmember 1 1,063 07-21-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.