Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 makes odd sound on startup
A10 makes odd sound on startup
The sound is similar if not identical to the rainout snore. Except there's no moisture in the hose. I've even started hooking the hose on the wall so both ends are pointing straight down. I also feed it through my hands to make the alleged water go down. Yet it still makes the noise. It is really loud, too. Just one pop, gurgle, snore, whatever then nothing.

A10 Autoset, Nuance mask, heated hose, using humidifier.

Could it be the humidifier?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 makes odd sound on startup
Maybe an older seal in the humidifier lid that rattles a bit before settling?

A bit of water in the machine...highly, highly unlikely since it should dry within a few hours at most.  Although if the tub has a minute leak, perhaps whatever is seeping makes replacement more likely.

A worn shaft pillow-block or bearing that now has some play, and the shaft is displaced just enough with daily handling (replacement of the humidifier vessel after filling?) that, upon startup, it quickly spirals toward a detent and makes a sound when it does?

I'm swinging in the dark here....you'd better duck.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can find out whether it's the humidifier by removing the tank, disconnecting the air hose from the back, and plugging that into the air outlet that feeds the humidifier. Start the machine. If the noise still happens, then it's not the humidifier.

P.S.: Oh yeah, I forgot, heated hose. For testing, use a regular unheated hose with the rubber shroud connector.
Post Reply Post Reply
Every night, this machine made that noise. Then I ask on here, and it has not made it since. I should have asked sooner!

If/when it starts again, I'll do the "hose where the humidifier goes" thing.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
also give a quick glance to the inlet filter. If it is blocked or has started to fall apart a piece may be getting sucked part way into the inlet on startup.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah! Good idea! I changed it after my visit up Nawth. And the sound did not occur before that. Hmmm. I'll let you know what I find.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got a new humidifier tub. And the noise is gone. There must have been something with the seal maybe?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 182 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,873 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  Full face mask makes mouth breathing possible? BonkerHonker 1 539 11-22-2023, 07:11 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 904 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 110 145,227 10-13-2023, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.