Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 noise
A10 noise
So my first a10 machine developed a noise on inhale coming from the filter on the left side. Had it replaced then after about a month of using it the replacement started doing the same thing. Called the dme and yesterday he brought a replacement which also made the same noise on inhales from the left side filter. Dme was trying to tell me it's normal etc and not a defect (but I've had two other machines that were dead silent). I told him let's try another unit. So today he brings another unit over and says it's brand new. And of course, it's making the exact same noise. I was pretty annoyed at this point and basically out of options. I told them I was going to call resmed myself and see if it's considered normal to be able to hear your inhales from the left side filter because 3 different machines in only 3 months have developed this problem.

Anyone have any insight or suggestions on this? Curious what resmed will say when I call them Tomm. Thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10 noise
The sound of air moving is normal. Any mechanical noise or vibration that results in noise is not normal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2017, 07:17 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The sound of air moving is normal. Any mechanical noise or vibration that results in noise is not normal.

Okay. It's definitely just air but it's disturbing to be able to hear all of your  inhales magnified like in an echo chamber through the side of the machine. You only notice it in dead silence but my other machines were operating at total silence for quite some time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you relocate the machine so that you couldn't hear the air moving - say under your bed (which is where my machine sits).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine in a drawer. BTW, last night I was at our summer cottage where the unit was sitting on top of the table, and I did hear the noise you are talking about. I will put it on the floor from now on.

[Image: EF17842A-98BD-4EE5-9398-4742D51CFD9D.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may set one rubber mouse pad under your machine this maybee help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: So I spoke with resmed and despite me having two completely silent machines, they did say that it's not supposed to be completely silent and that hearing air flow is normal. So that's the official word from the company.

It's not that distracting and I can turn it to the side and possibly even throw it in the drawer (good call... I thought about that before actually). Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a machine defect!
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to your changes always make sure that the tub is inserted correctly, securely, and pushed all the way in to the unit, otherwise you will hear more noise. Correct insertion of the tub also requires making sure in advance that all of the seals inside the unit where the tub sits are seated correctly and the seal inside the tub itself is also seated correctly. These are common causes of complaints of noise with the A10 that are easy to solve.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My reply deleted---wrong thread!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,275 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 143 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 359 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.