Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10 side cover vs humidifier - which for travel?
RE: A10 side cover vs humidifier - which for travel?
I carry both and they both fit in the with room to spare.  Why do I carry both?
ResMed say not to travel with the humidifier inserted in the machine in case it causes damage.
I was given both by the clinic and told this as well, but I can't see it can cause much damaged unless it get a good wallop from something, if it get that it will be damaged anyway!
I think it might cause a bit of damage to the humidifier rather than the machine, but inside a padded case, you would need to be a bit rough.
Anyway, I think it is only half an inch it sticks out.  Might be slightly more.
I can't breath without a humidifier, so I have to take it with me, no choice!   Rolleyes
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
That is interesting. I was not aware of that, and wonder upon what it is based?
The side cover fits into the same airway connections as the reservoir, I don't see how one could damage the unit and not the other.
Plus the travel case provided with the unit has no provision to separate the two.
My travel case says to ensure that the humidifier is empty, but nothing about not leaving it inserted.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The manual that came with mine, page 10 English, says:

Quote:Empty the water tub and pack it separately in the travel bag.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
When I travel I take both, side panel for on the plane and humidifier when in hotels, it all fits in the travel case which goes on or in my carry-on depending on the journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I unpacked my new A10, the water tank was sealed in plastic and packed packed separately.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Believe it or not. I think the reason they say to separate them is so some dummy doesn't leave water in the humidifier and ruin the machine. That's my guess anyway.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2018, 06:09 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Believe it or not.  I think the reason they say to separate them is so some dummy doesn't leave water in the humidifier and ruin the machine. That's my guess anyway.

This is what my DME (who is actually great, BTW) told me! He said if I wanted, I could remove the divider and travel with the unit together, being CERTAIN the humidifier was dry! That's what he does.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 5 102 2 hours ago
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 96 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 161 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 11 256 04-19-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 109 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 407 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,952 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.