Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A10
A10
I hv been on a bi-pap for some time now. I had a Sullivan for over 12 yrs. I now hv a A10 and it set on auto high pressure at 18 low at 13. For the past week it has been stuck on 13 and adjust anymore. Can some help me figure this out?? Thanks for time...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A10
What brand is an A10? There are some setup manuals linked at the top of the page.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!

Welocme to the forum!

I don't exactly understand what you're asking and what you mean...
To access the Clinical Menu, press and hold the round selection and the home button. This should hopefully give you all the options you are looking for.

Sleep well!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 09:10 PM)MrGarcia007 Wrote: I hv been on a bi-pap for some time now. I had a Sullivan for over 12 yrs. I now hv a A10 and it set on auto high pressure at 18 low at 13. For the past week it has been stuck on 13 and adjust anymore. Can some help me figure this out?? Thanks for time...

Hi MrGarcia007,
Do you have the airsense 10? Is it a bipap machine?

You will need the exact name of your machine to order a Clinicians manual here.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

This will help you get into the providers menu and make changes.

With that said, you should download #SleepyHead software so you can see the machines setting and to track your progress.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Miss Rose,

Thanks for replying. Yes it is an Airsence10 Autoset and I know how to get into the clinical. My problem is it has two settings one at 13, one and 18, and I'm sure you know how this auto set works but what my question was is it stuck on 13 it won't go any higher when I reach my R.E.M. sleep like it used to. If I needed a higher pressure it would automatically jump, even if I were to wake up and take a BIG deep breath it jump up to 18 just so I could. That the prob now it only stays on 13 it doesn't jump anymore. I've been in the clinical and the settings are still at "min" 13 and "max" 18. I hope this made some kind of sense to you... thanks again for replying and the link you sent me...

Mike

cc: Other replies
Post Reply Post Reply
MrGarcia007,
I would like some clarification whether you are using a bipap now or an auto set.

You first post states you were using a bipap prior. Why were you changed from a bipap to an auto machine?

If you are using an Auto machine, the pressure will only rise as high as needed, even though you may have a max setting of 18cm, it won't go that high unless needed.

It's not likely stuck on 13, as that may be the highest pressure you need at any given time.

Also, just to double check, go into the clinicians menu and be sure your setting says Auto and what the min and max settings say.

Now a bipap will work differently and have a different feel, and mabye that's what you are expecting.
I'm not sure, as I can't help with bipap settings.....so if you could clairify the exact machine, that would be helpful.

Also, if you are able, download the #SleepyHead software, and we can get a definite look at your machine and settings and be in a better position to advise.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2016, 09:06 AM)OpalRose Wrote: MrGarcia007,

Also, just to double check, go into the clinicians menu and be sure your setting says Auto and what the min and max settings say.

A 10 series bipap would be called an Aircurve not an Airsense.
Check the precise model name here:
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]

Do check the *mode* for auto as it may be set to CPAP mode which will deliver only one pressure.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.