Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: ACA aka Obamacare: Share your story!
Since the mods have let the tread stand (with relocation to off topic)...
I feel for the OP.
I think the ACA is poorly written and unworkable; I detest it.
I feel that SCOTUS Chief Justice Roberts erred in his opinion that ruled the ACA Constitutional;
It's totally unconstitutional to force a citizen to buy any private product.
The ACA was designed to fail -- to lead to a single payer, national healthcare system such as that in Britain.

I have my flame suit on!
[Image: 82.gif] [Image: 80.gif]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-14-2014 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
Dgsr Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: I - 18, E - 14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Beard

RE: ACA aka ObamacaShare your story!
(03-14-2014 10:23 AM)justMongo Wrote:  The ACA was designed to fail -- to lead to a single payer, national healthcare system such as that in Britain.

This is the only conclusion I can come to.
03-14-2014 10:34 AM
Don in Austin Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: RESMED S9 VPAP AUTO
Mask Make & Model: Dental device, Quattro FX
Humidifier: RESMED H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4.0-12.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Using TPAP custom dental device, with VPAP/BiPAP

(03-14-2014 08:33 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Again, please read this stickie post on rules for posting in this forum:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...STING-HERE

Heated discussions will occur here in the Off-Topic forum, that's one of the reasons as to why we put this forum here in the first place. If members don't want to read what's posted here, they should not come to the Off-Topic Forum. Also, as stated in my link above, members can choose to put another member on their "ignore" list. Our Moderators take a hands-off approach to threads in this forum, unless a rule has been broken or the thread becomes excessively disruptive. That has not happened in this thread yet. All that I've seen so far has been an expression of personal opinion.

We don't shut down or close threads in the Off-Topic forum simply because someone expresses an opinion that is controversial, political or religious in nature.

Remember: this Off-Topic Forum is separate from the Main Apnea Board Forum for a reason. We allow much greater latitude and freedom here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Oh, I think it will be going on for a while.....Big Grin

Don in Austin
03-14-2014 11:56 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
cowboy1970 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Puritan Bennett Breeze
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: around 11 now (2/20/13)
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Try not to think about a spider crawling up your nose from inside your tubing as your drift off. lol

WAHPF told me that they would have their decision on my coverage by Thursday (3/13). They didn't send me anything, so Friday I called in and waited on hold forever and when I finally talked to a person... they told me it could be weeks. I mentioned that I was told this would be handled by yesterday and then they said they saw it was marked urgent, but would still not realistically be dealt with for weeks.

Meantime, I got a very large hospital bill hanging over my head and no coverage for future appointments and the meds they tell me that I need.

Once I get a decision from them, I will post it here so that future readers will have full disclosure.

(read the following in the voice of Ron Swanson off Parks and Recreation)

For the most part, I think we are all adults here and realize that this country is full of people with diverse backgrounds and opinions. I am not in the least offended by someone stating an opinion opposite of mine. Our country has always been the great experiment. I vote, and so I feel I should be allowed to complain. I realize others vote against things that I have voted for, while frustrating at times, this is just part of our system.

Please don't confuse patriotism with love of government. I love my country, but I want my government to serve the people, not the other way around. I also think our government should be much smaller, more efficient, and less meddlesome.

I think the list of rules the government has for its citizens should pretty much be as short as the list of rules we gave them to found our government, the rest are blatant forms of tyranny and oppression. A true democracy is nothing but mob rule, a republic acknowledges that certain rights of the people cannot be infringed by the rule of the majority. Otherwise, our system is nothing more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Queue the National Anthem and let's keep one eye on Old Glory while the other glares with contempt at anyone who doesn't remove their hat and cover their heart. Goodnight my fellow Americans and God Bless America!

If you don't know who Ron (Nick Offerman) is, here are some samples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyDEbUuhzTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014 02:12 PM by cowboy1970.)
03-16-2014 02:05 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

You should go to website of the manufacturer of your meds. They generally give them at no charge for people with no insurance coverage. Also there are prescription cards out there that at least give discounts. Not having your meds is a serious issue so I hope that you look into this today and get the paperwork off the manufacturer's site and start filling it out. Sorry this is happening to you
03-16-2014 03:51 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(03-14-2014 10:23 AM)justMongo Wrote:  It's totally unconstitutional to force a citizen to buy any private product.
The ACA was designed to fail -- to lead to a single payer, national healthcare system such as that in Britain.
I don,t know about the constitution but I know there is nothing wrong with the British health care system, everyone should have access to free health care and education and Coffee
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 02:29 AM by zonk.)
03-16-2014 04:04 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2 routers, share internet, but isolate subnets justMongo 11 344 10-06-2016 04:49 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Funny story -- Joke's on me. justMongo 4 886 03-12-2015 02:37 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Howdy Folks- New Member- My Story AaronMac1979 3 1,300 11-10-2013 09:30 PM
Last Post: me50
  [News] MEDICAL DEVICE COMPANIES SUFFER DEADLY OBAMACARE TAX ApneaNews 5 3,007 02-05-2013 03:54 PM
Last Post: Shastzi