Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1.5 years on CPAP - inconsistent results
1.5 years on CPAP - inconsistent results
Hello all, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in May of 2021 with a AHI of ~37 after an in-lab overnight sleep study. I've been using a Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP pretty frequently ever since with varying levels of results and a more recent decline over the past 3 weeks. I've constantly been battling fatigue issues even with treatment, but the exhaustion and brain fog have become even worse lately. I do have mouth breathing issues but am using mouth tape in conjunction with a nasal pillow to try and minimize leaks. Anecdotally I feel like every time I have leak rates exceeding ~5-7 L/min (just based on the MyAir app) I tend to feel drastically worse than evenings with lower rates.

I have included an OSCAR screenshot from last night's sleep and am hoping for a little bit of help or guidance here. Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1.5 years on CPAP - inconsistent results
You have a good bit of Central Apnea, and it is possible that you need a different type of pap machine.  One of the experts will likely come along to explain that to you soon.  You also have lots of leaks.  Maybe you need to find a more effective mouth tape.  I like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BJD...UTF8&psc=1

It's a bit pricey but I can use the same piece for a number of days.  It is extremely comfortable, and It can be removed and repositioned for a better seal.  The narrower versions are not sufficient for me.  I need the two-inch size and cut the piece to about 4.5-5 inches long.

I hope you find good solutions soon!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 6 85 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,407 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 406 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,551 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 117 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,959 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 305 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.