Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Waking up/removing mask often - triggers in the data?
Waking up/removing mask often - triggers in the data?
I started with CPAP in February and haven't been able to sleep through the night without waking up or at least removing my mask somewhere along the line. I've woken up wearing the mask and not. I've tried the Dreamwear masks with both pillows and cradle, Wisp with the nasal triangle, and the Resmed N30 as well as P10 masks.  I absolutely hate the feeling of something strapped to my face but I don't think that's abnormal. I've tried a lot of humidity, a little, and none. I live in Louisiana so I don't think I'm struggling for humidity. 

From what I can tell my numbers look good! No idea what they are during the times that I've taken the mask off and stayed asleep, of course. Is there anything in the OSCAR data that points to something that might be triggering me to wake up/remove the mask? Sorry if this isn't how the board works but I'm about ready to take the $1000 loss and throw this whole system in the trash.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Idea 
RE: Waking up/removing mask often - triggers in the data?
First thing:   Welcome

I don't see anything troubling in your data, but some of the experts here may spot something you can change to make yourself more comfortable.  Most folks find that it takes some time and effort to adjust to this foreign object strapped to their faces.  Don't expect it to be easy, but please continue using the therapy.  It is an important part of your healthcare.

When you wake up frustrated but with your mask still on, change your sleeping position, get comfy, and go back to sleep.   When you wake up and the mask is already off, try to put it back on, get comfy, and go back to sleep.  The longer you can keep it on the better!

Eventually, it will just become part of your getting-ready-for-bed routine and will feel quite natural.  Honestly, it will.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 183 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 108 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 322 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 387 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 208 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 451 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 313 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.