Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RE: Newbie
At least where I got my last machine and humidifier, they are separate pieces and there is an additional cost for the humidifier. I don't remember how it worked with my first machine and humidifier. I don't know what it would be like not to have one and I am glad that I do. I also use the climate line tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2013, 12:50 PM)taz_in_gosport Wrote: Thanks for the support.

I see a lot of you use humidifiers, I wake up in the morning with a dry sore mouth, is it worth pushing the hospital to try and supply one to help me when I go back for my review? Tongue-out-2
Breathing cold air is irritating, humidifier can helps PAPers who have problems with congestion or dryness of the nose and throat. Breathing warm, moist air can make therapy more comfortable. I would also push for the climate line (heated hose), if some reason they decline, you can get them from US at a lower costs than UK prices and Supplier #10 point out that prescription is not required for international orders
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

In US, a prescription is not required for CPAP mask without headgear (headgear can be purchased separately), mask parts cushions/headgear, machine parts hoses/filters/water tank parts, etc. Machines/humidifiers/complete masks require a prescription

User profile "CPAP Pressure: max 20", does max 20 refer to maximum pressure range setting
Did you had a titration study at the hospital determine CPAP pressure or just gave you the Autoset in wide range so they can look at the data at the review and come up with pressure setting based on machine recording. If this the case, you need to check the data now (AHI, pressure, leak) high leak would result in unreliable data. Others said that their machines switched to a different machine and had to buy the Autoset out of pocket

Post Reply Post Reply
Taz, do they have you using a full face mask (FFM) because you breathe through your mouth at night? If so, you may want to try a nasal only mask and a chin strap instead. A nasal mask is easier to deal with and has less leaks for most people.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
They gave me the S9 with FFM because as we sat talking he said " I can see you breath through your nose and mouth so I will give you a ffm" and said the machine was all setup for me, I have found the settings and it is set for max 20
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2013, 07:11 AM)taz_in_gosport Wrote: They gave me the S9 with FFM because as we sat talking he said " I can see you breath through your nose and mouth so I will give you a ffm" and said the machine was all setup for me, I have found the settings and it is set for max 20

what pressure range is your autoset? I think that technicians give FFM because it makes their job easier but isn't necessarily what is best for the person.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new too and agree this forum is supportive and friendly.
My pressure is very high and the slightest dislodgment of the mask results in leaks. As well, the straps all have to be of the same tension or the mask has different pressures on the sides, maybe causing what you call flutter?
The high pressure is difficult to breath with, but even worse is the automatic lessening of pressure on the exhale - the timing isn't very good, so the result is the machine takes over my breathing, blowing up my lungs with the pressure and then suddenly less pressure causes a fast exhale (faster than my rhythm) then boom! high pressure and suddenly my lungs are at maximum expansion. I had it turned off.
You guys can set your own pressure? I was told that was part of the Rx and had to be set at the Doctors office.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 95 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 440 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 237 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 269 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 333 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 362 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.