Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI 0.0 is achievable
RE: AHI 0.0 is achievable
Since you have the Autoset, if you get 0.0 for more than 2 nights in a row, your machine is stuck. Unplug it, wait a bit, then plug it back in.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't burst my bubble .... :Wink:

Believe me if I get a couple in a row I'll be downloading all the data to see if they are identical. If they are I'll know the machine is stuck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2013, 10:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Since you have the Autoset, if you get 0.0 for more than 2 nights in a row, your machine is stuck. Unplug it, wait a bit, then plug it back in.

I think my stats are AHI 0.4; AI 0.4; CAI 0.1 with an 11.2 pressure reported last night. I woke up twice from dreams that someone was trying to kill me (both times) waking up in a sweat. Shock
So it wasn't a pleasant night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2013, 12:36 PM)okiegal61 Wrote: That sounds like good news.

Are those nasal pillows harder to get use to than, a face mask? I am getting a new nose mask sent. The Resp Therapist said, you have to breathe out harder on the nose pillows. I am only in one week of this, so I am still learning, and trying to find my fit.

Baloney!
I tried the Wisp and it's OK, but I still prefer the Respironice Opti LIfe with the nasal cushion. It's very comfortable and gave me less leaks than ResMed's Swift and the newer version of the Swift (I don't remember the name right now)
Ratt...
Post Reply Post Reply
So much to learn. So nice to have all of you all experienced people in this community to help everyone. I will not stop, till I get the best fit for a mask. My ahi, have been around 4 and 5, so that is better than the sleep study at 32.

It would be wonderful to achieve a 1 or 2, good luck to everyone else, and best of all, I am not so exhausted, like I used to be. I bet at .00, you feel like a million bucks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2013, 12:20 PM)okiegal61 Wrote: It would be wonderful to achieve a 1 or 2, good luck to everyone else, and best of all, I am not so exhausted, like I used to be. I bet at .00, you feel like a million bucks!

I don't think it works that way. I know it doesn't for me.

My AHI has varied between about 2.8 and 0.8 for at least 12 months now, probably longer. I'll sometimes go weeks in a row at the high end of that range, or weeks in a row at the low end, and everything in between.

The AHI doesn't correlate to how I feel. Other things do, though, like what's going on in my life, and how well I'm sleeping, in terms of both quality and quantity.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Occasionally my AHI shows zero on some night but that don,t make me feel better or more refreshed
(probably when aliens are in town or some blue moon in the sky)

For me its not about AHI just by itself, Its more to do getting a decent night sleep, about 7 hours - give and take
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2013, 05:37 PM)zonk Wrote: Occasionally my AHI shows zero on some night but that don,t make me feel better or more refreshed
(probably when aliens are in town or some blue moon in the sky)

For me its not about AHI just by itself, Its more to do getting a decent night sleep, about 7 hours - give and take

I think I got AHI of 0 after napping for an hour. So you're right of course, it depends on various factors. Despite my low AHI reading last night, dreams of people out to kill me led to a less than refreshing night's sleep. I hope tonight is better. At the moment I only feel like throwing up so I guess that's an improvement.
Vomit
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2013, 12:20 PM)okiegal61 Wrote: It would be wonderful to achieve a 1 or 2, good luck to everyone else, and best of all, I am not so exhausted, like I used to be. I bet at .00, you feel like a million bucks!

Actually, no. I don't think we would notice any difference between a 4.9 and a 1. I have woken up some mornings feeling like crap, felt like I'd gotten lousy sleep, yet have an AHI of less than 1. Other mornings, feel like I could take on the world, yet the AHI is over 3.

There's just too many variables that go into a night's sleep.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been getting the .00 now for a couple nights in a row, and even a 2 hour nap. ?? I am wondering if this is correct. I do unplug my machine from the outlet every morning. I have had the wisp mask almost a week.

Actually one morning, I awoke at 6:00 am, and it was .00, went to the RR, then back on the mask, then when I checked it again, around 7.30 it was 1.2, I am assuming, that last houra nd 1/2 , I had around 7 stoppages ? Since the time carried over from when I went to bed the previous night. Plus that day, I felt like crap all day. So the next day, when I awoke at 6 am, with .00 I got up. and felt great, no sleepyness, or exhaustion, like the day before.

I downloaded the sleephead software, have not opened it yet, but I read something about a patch. Where would I find that?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is "0" Events Achievable? 2tired2sleep 28 12,955 04-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.